Overanalyzing

Options
squishycow7
squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
Hi! I've been lurking in this group for a while, but could some pros just clarify some things with me? The search feature on MFP drives me nuts, by the way. :)

I've been continually bumping my calories throughout this whole process of MFP (been here a year and started like most- with the 1200 calorie day, though quickly moved onward). I've been using an HRM but it makes me totally OCD and insane, so I'd like to keep it simple and just have a static calorie goal. A mental break, I guess, though if all works out then I don't see the need to go back...

I went to that scoobywhatever site and my TDEE -15% (at 3-5days/week mod. exercise) is 1930.

So this means (please correct me if I'm wrong):
-eat 1930 every day even if it's not an exercise day (this is my mental block)
-eat a little more if it's an exceptionally difficult/strenuous day (i.e. log some exercise and eat the cals)
-otherwise keep doin' what I'm doin' in terms of exercise (I think I have a good balance of strength and cardio)

Thanks eaters <3

Replies

• hheater
    hheater Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yep that's what you do! :) The only time you'd eat more is if you had a "high burn day." Just eat enough to net your BMR on those days. MIght seem like a lot of food but you'll feel a lot better the next day!
  • squishycow7
    Options
    Why am I so terrified! Gahh
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options

Because we hear everyone say eat less, and all the diets out there make us eat less or make us take something out of our diet. We are here to hold your hand. Come back and vent as often as you need.
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Because we hear everyone say eat less, and all the diets out there make us eat less or make us take something out of our diet. We are here to hold your hand. Come back and vent as often as you need.

This is why this group is so awesome! Great support.

OP: I totally think you're on the right track. I'd also throw in my new favorite bit of advice: eat if you're hungry! (obviously try to make good food choices though)
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Because we've been brow beaten sooooooo much that we are scared to take a leap of faith and go against the grain so to speak!!!!!!
  • squishycow7
    Options
    <3
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    It is what we have heard all our lives from media, parents, friends, doctors....but this is just plain simple science. The body needs x to maintain, we cut 15%, eat healthy with lots of protein, hold on to as much lean muscle through the process, tone the muscle through lifting, and release fat...slow, simple, and rewarding too.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm learning alot here.