Hungry on non workout days?

Options
So speaking of hunger (I think there were a couple of other related threads recently), has anyone been ravenous on a non workout day? I've been noticing that more this week. I'm starving! I don't know if it's because I've taken my training up a notch? I went from running three days a week and maybe Pilates one or two days and walking one day a week to my new schedule, which is a slight step up. I now cross train one day, run four days (one is a long run), and strength train one day. I have one day a week of complete rest. I run a home daycare, so I am up and moving a lot during the day. I don't know if my metabolism could possibly be revving up some more or if this is an indication that I need to eat more??? I am losing at a slow and steady pace though, so I feel like I'm in the right calorie range, but wow I've been bragging about how I'm losing weight and never go to bed hungry. Well, there's definitely been a few days this week where I just had to cut myself off and feel slightly hungry at bedtime - I'm not starving at that point - just a little hungry. But up until this week I felt satisfied all the time. I could eat this computer if I didn't need it so much to track all this stuff! :laugh:

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    lol yep. I get a little nervous on non-workout days, actually. But I know I have to rest from the previous day's long run *sigh*. I just eat LOTS of protein and allow myself to get a little extra hungry between each meal. Some days I'll take a nap haha.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    lol yep. I get a little nervous on non-workout days, actually. But I know I have to rest from the previous day's long run *sigh*. I just eat LOTS of protein and allow myself to get a little extra hungry between each meal. Some days I'll take a nap haha.

I like your profile pic - hahaha!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I usually find the day after lifting, I was starving all day long. I cant say Ive noticed any additional hunger after a 5k run the next day though..
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm Not a runner, but I also find I'm hungrier the day after lifting. I do find getting enough protein, and making sure I eat all my calories on exercise days helps to balance things out.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yes! im ravinous on non workout days & its annoying bc on workout days i wont be very hungry at all regardless of calories. Its like exersice helps control hunger! I just eat lol ;o
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Running makes me hungry enough to want to gnaw off my own arm. I ran 18km/11mi in just under 2 hours yesterday and have to rest today.

I run because I love it though... eat to run, not run to eat :)