my next step

Options
rebekahgo
rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
i need some direction.

i am actually at my original weight goal of 145 - i'm hovering around it anyway. i'm having people tell me that i don't need to lose any more weight (which i find annoying for some reason - where were these folks when someone needed to tell me not to get any fatter?). but, i am actually at a good size, i suppose - i'm just a tad bigger than the smallest i have ever been, wearing size 6-8. if i get much smaller, my noggin will look too big on my body - i have a sizeable head. so, the size/weight is fairly satisfactory, but there is much in the fitness/strength/still have really jiggly areas department that must be addressed.

for the months of june and july (except for one week in june when we will be on vacation), my schedule is freed up to get to the gym monday through friday. yay!!!! i'm stupid excited about this because my workouts have been all over the place. i'm not looking to do too much too fast during this time, but i do want to maximize my workouts.

so, what should i do? i have NROLFW. i've done a few workouts and love it, but i will essentially be starting at the beginning. i am definitely going to get back into that 3 days a week. then HIIT 2 days. is that my best plan? anything more efficient than that? should i keep eating at my cut value? it's 1900 based on a moderate activity level, which i know i may have to increase based on increasing my activity. do i eat TDEE or the cut value?

lucia & kiki, i will do exactly what you tell me to do. consider me putty. if i wuss out i will give up chocolate chips for a month. i swear it.

Replies

• crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Brave woman! wagering chocolate chips for a month LOL can't wait to hear their response...

I would stay at the 15% cut with heavy lifting and that should leave you at the same weight just more defined... keep us posted!
  • mom24littleones
    Options
    i need some direction.

i am actually at my original weight goal of 145 - i'm hovering around it anyway. i'm having people tell me that i don't need to lose any more weight (which i find annoying for some reason - where were these folks when someone needed to tell me not to get any fatter?). but, i am actually at a good size, i suppose - i'm just a tad bigger than the smallest i have ever been, wearing size 6-8. if i get much smaller, my noggin will look too big on my body - i have a sizeable head. so, the size/weight is fairly satisfactory, but there is much in the fitness/strength/still have really jiggly areas department that must be addressed.

for the months of june and july (except for one week in june when we will be on vacation), my schedule is freed up to get to the gym monday through friday. yay!!!! i'm stupid excited about this because my workouts have been all over the place. i'm not looking to do too much too fast during this time, but i do want to maximize my workouts.

so, what should i do? i have NROLFW. i've done a few workouts and love it, but i will essentially be starting at the beginning. i am definitely going to get back into that 3 days a week. then HIIT 2 days. is that my best plan? anything more efficient than that? should i keep eating at my cut value? it's 1900 based on a moderate activity level, which i know i may have to increase based on increasing my activity. do i eat TDEE or the cut value?

lucia & kiki, i will do exactly what you tell me to do. consider me putty. if i wuss out i will give up chocolate chips for a month. i swear it.

YOU. ARE. HILARIOUS. :laugh:

I have no help for you, just saying if you were a blogger, I'd follow you! I'll be done homeschooling in a couple weeks and feel just like you: FREE TIME!!! My kids get a little bored with the childcare at Lifetime, but I will remind them that it could be worse: I could be taking them clothes shopping for an hour instead :wink:

And congrats on being at your original goal...I'm sure you'll get a great plan for toning that would cost the sacrifice of chocolate chips...that would be a travesty :wink:
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Brave woman! wagering chocolate chips for a month LOL can't wait to hear their response...

I would stay at the 15% cut with heavy lifting and that should leave you at the same weight just more defined... keep us posted!

This except I am actually only eating at a 5% cut since I don't need to lose any weight and the muscles are burning the fat away. I have been lifting 3x a week with a cardio hiit type work out once a week with some ab work on strength days and I am very happy with my current results. If you looked at my pics you see where I am still jiggly in the tummy area (I have 3 kids 2 of which were c-sections) but it is firming up quite nicely.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think your plan sounds great with NROLW. It has like 6 months worth of workouts in the book so it should last you for a while.

I'm on Stage one work out a6 and am seeing great results.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Especially the part about chocolate. ;)
  • rebekahgo
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, ladies!! I'm doing a big happy dance that I finally get to really get down to it, lol.

CC, I saw your pics!! Your progress is awesome. I have that jiggly belly bit too from babies (big babies!!) and c-sections. It may always be there, but I can at least tone it up and cover it up.

I figure I will stay at my current cut and just eat over as my belly demands it. Then I will go from there. Unless L/K tell me to do differently.
  • abirkel
    abirkel Posts: 60
    Options
    i'm in the exact same place -- possibly at my goal weight, just need to work on changing my body composition.

i'm actually pretty happy with my body for the first time, maybe ever, EXCEPT for my postpartum tummy. i can't really do a lot about the extra skin flappiness but i am hoping (HOPING) that as i continue to strength train and feed my muscles that eventually the little bit of flab underneath will go away?

i am currently also eating between 1900-2000 calories a day. that's a cut of around %15-10ish.

anyhoo, excited to see what kiki and lucia recommend for you. i will be tracking your progress as hopefully i will progress as well over the summer months. :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh my you are in an awesome place... would tell you to do that workout routine pushing yourself to go heavy(safely ofcourse), eat TDEE, stick w/i the macros....reason I say this, the additional cals may allow you to gain a little muscle mass, the muscle will help burn off the fat. You will still shrink but not on the scale...you will lose fat. Actually your weight could go up but the bodyfat should go down.

I got within 4lbs of my goal (2wks ago) and started eating TDEE for the reason I mentioned above. I did shoot up 5lbs...TOM and heavy lifting, but am trending back down(now net up 3lbs). I just started Meso 2 of cathe (the hypertrophy phase) STS program.

I would love to see the scale lower and fit my last few 4's NOW but I am looking at my ultimate gaol. I want the toned physique and eating a bit more will help me put on a little muscle and the fat burning is inevitable.
  • rebekahgo
    Options
    Yay, I get to eat more!!!! I was so hoping you would tell me to.

Ok, I will up to TDEE once I get my steady workouts going. I probably would have been forced into it anyway with how hungry lifting makes me. And I will take progress photos.

Thanks, Lucia!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yay, I get to eat more!!!! I was so hoping you would tell me to.

Ok, I will up to TDEE once I get my steady workouts going. I probably would have been forced into it anyway with how hungry lifting makes me. And I will take progress photos.

Thanks, Lucia!!

I enjoyed the last set of pics. Can't wait to see the new ones. :flowerforyou: