Calorie Burn estimate in Stage 1?

Options
Raynn1
Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
What is the average Calorie burn during stage 1? Ive seen some MFP friends listing in very low ( like myself) and other getting 300-500 from a HRM doing it.. SO do you know your burn rate? What is it?

Replies

• loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This site is really good for calorie calculation for lifting. I use the 0.039 for free weights. http://www.livestrong.com/article/338469-how-to-calculate-calories-burned-weight-lifting/

MFP estimates it very low. I have read the HRMs are not accurate for lifting, but mine has been fairly close to the calculations from this site. I usually burn around 180-200 calories in 30 mins of lifting. I'm 5' 4" and 145 lbs.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    thanks! Ill take a look at it:)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    According to the calculations in the book for calories on lifting & non-lifting days, the difference for me is approx. 250-300 calories more on lifting days. But I do moderate cardio on my non-lifting days and eat those calories back (usually 500-600 calories).

I wore my new HRM for a lifting workout for the first time last week, and including my 20 min. light/moderate treadmill warmup, I got approx. 400 calories for the 1 hour workout.

I don't know how reliable that is, but it's pretty close to what I was using before, which was the calories based on the treadmill, plus the 250-300 for lifting.