projects

13»

Replies

• beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    oie. MFP sucks at pictures.

one zillion photos here: if you're interested.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/beeblebrox82/library/Daytona?sort=3&page=1
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Cool project beeble!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Dangit! Photobucket is blocked at work. Sounds sweet. Wish I could see it right now. :-(
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    anyone know a better photo sharing besides photo bucket. So i can show my 55 chevy......what i am starting out with at least
  • Citrislazer
    I have the Flickr app on my cell phone. It's pretty easy to use and has some photo editing abilities for mobile. I like it, plus my work doesn't block Flickr so that factors into my uses of it. My mom is a hobby photographer and she prefers to use Flickr, if that helps.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    I put a bumper mounted light bar on the Jeep Friday night.
    The PDF said it should take 30 minutes...

Three hours later I was sweating, bleeding, and dirty.
    Hey, at least I burned calories right?
  • Citrislazer
    That's always how it goes, right? I'd like to know where they get their time estimates from. Superman?
  • The_Enginerd
    I've seen the opposite too. I needed a clutch cable changed and was short on time. I asked how much it would be, and they wanted to charge for 3-4 hours of labor to do it... LOL. It took me 45 minutes in the driveway, I didn't even bothing pulling it into the garage.
  • RockWarrior84
    I had to change my brake pads and shocks. Figured it would take a couple hours. Then found out I needed new calipers and had to had to get those as well. Found out the hulk tightened all the bolts as well.

Changed front brakes, all 4 shocks and a caliper. 5 1/2 hours.
  • Citrislazer
    I had to change my brake pads and shocks. Figured it would take a couple hours. Then found out I needed new calipers and had to had to get those as well. Found out the hulk tightened all the bolts as well.

I almost spit my water out when you discovered the Hulk tightened the bolts. :laugh:
  • RockWarrior84

I almost spit my water out when you discovered the Hulk tightened the bolts. :laugh:

Felt like it, 5 minutes a bolt to just loosen one. And of course tight spaces so you can not get any leverage.
  • RockWarrior84
    Started getting Classic Truck Magazine, not I am even more stoked about starting to work on my 55 Chevy. Found out wife's cousin works on classic car engines and my sister Bf has restored several classic pickups.

First thing I want to do is remove all the rust. Anyone have recommendation on what I should do. Is this something that is easy for me to basically take it down to the chassis and sand blast my self and then prime? Or should I take it in to shop and have someone do it for me? I just want to protect the everything first and start from the chassis and restore from there.
  • The_Enginerd
    Depends... do you the room and the patience? Will the chassis require sections removed and new metal welded in?

Good body work is a real bear and time consuming. Prep work is key.
  • RockWarrior84
    Depends... do you the room and the patience? Will the chassis require sections removed and new metal welded in?

as of right now, I do not have the room but that can change as I will be looking for a house with either a 3rd garage or a detached garage just for this pickup. The chassis will not need any more besides rust removal. The rust has not created any section loss, only surface rust. The pickup is in better condition then it looks. It ran about 3 years ago but stopped running because of lack of use due to health issues (father in law was a mechanic).
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member

as of right now, I do not have the room but that can change as I will be looking for a house with either a 3rd garage or a detached garage just for this pickup. The chassis will not need any more besides rust removal. The rust has not created any section loss, only surface rust. The pickup is in better condition then it looks. It ran about 3 years ago but stopped running because of lack of use due to health issues (father in law was a mechanic).

eastwood.com and lmctruck.com are both awesome resources for info and parts.
  • RockWarrior84

eastwood.com and lmctruck.com are both awesome resources for info and parts.

thanks.
  • RockWarrior84
    lets see if this works

IMG_20121226_111118_zps53aa3111.jpg
  • RockWarrior84
    what am i doing wrong with this photo?
  • RockWarrior84
    lets see if this works

IMG_20121226_111118_zps53aa3111.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

IMG_20121226_111139_zps023092dc.jpg
  • Citrislazer
    Couple of updates: The C5 Vette has been out and I feel like all we've been doing is working on the dang thing for past 3 weeks. We knew there was an IAT sensor problem when we bought it last November. However, replacing the sensor didn't fix the problem. After lots of testing and visual inspections, it turns out the problem is a break in the IAT ground wire somewhere behind the engine in the main wire harness. Didn't feel like tearing down the engine to replace 1 wire, so we spliced in our own wire since the connecting ends at the sensor and PCM still tested good. Thank God for volt meters. Here's a pic of the partial tear down to get at the PCM:

13995363151_180ded0b32_z.jpg

Once that was fixed, the belt decided to start squeaking and a new code appeared. Diagnosed the belt with a good old bar of soap and replaced the next day. Here's a pic from last night over at my Step Mom and Dad's for dinner with car put back together.

14005521042_b1e0b67957_z.jpg

Still working on the new code p1416. Says it's P-side check valve. Might go for the alternative fix this weekend if spraying TB cleaner down the hose doesn't work.

As for the Camaro, gonna order new rims in two weeks when we get back from vacation. I've decided on the Race Star 92 Dark Stars. Black chrome on a silver metallic car should look sweet. 15x10 rears and 17x7 fronts.

w517-v.jpg

Thinking of sticking MT ET Streets 275/50-15 on the back. Haven't decided on a front tire yet. Any of you order Mickey Thompson's? Where do you get your best tire deals at?