6 months out, how many calories?

Options
puckfan
puckfan Posts: 23 Member
i am 6 months out and curious if i am eating enough/too few calories. i usually aim for 1000 a day. (and sometimes eat my workout calories if body is telling me it's hungry!) how are the rest of you? thanks for any input!

Replies

• littlewitch1973
    Options
    I am 8 months out, and getting about the same amount of calories - although some days is more. I rarely eat back my workout calories, although I think that might be stalling me a bit - I have been stuck forever!!

My nutritionist did tell me not to worry about calories yet - just worry about protein, and make sure I get enough in.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    At 6 months out I was getting around 800 calories a day. I don't think I could fit in 1000 until about a year out.
  • tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm nine weeks out and vary between about 500-800 calories. Each day is different and I'm definitely not always feeling hungry, when I need to get protein in. I find that I tend to do a protein shake for breakfast, eat food in the middle of the day and usually finish up with a protein shake at night with a mid afternoon protein snack.
    I am still trying to work all my water in also and sometimes that is just as hard.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I am 6 months out too. I usually eat 800-900. On days that I exercise I usually eat 1000.
  • Slickerb
    Slickerb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's reassuring to see how many calories some of you are taking in. I will be 4 months out from my laproscopic RNY on the 24th. My goal is to get 900 calories a day and I don't normally eat back my exercise calories. I am at the point where most days I make that now, but wasn't quite sure what others were doing. Protein is more important than calories for me.
  • authormarieskye
    authormarieskye Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is a great question. I'm 9 months out and was told I should be about 1200 calories. I'm maybe doing 600 calories a day. It's just hard to get food in when you get full quickly I think