how to incorporate this into MFP

Options
jbella99
jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
So I upped my calories to 2700 which is my maintenance tdee. I am doing the metabolic reset. I like to see how many calories I burn a day so I went to the scooby calculator and figured out my tdee would be 1800 if i was sedentary. So I burn about 900 calories a day working out and doing household duties (cleaning, laundry, gardening, walking outside etc..) so if I log my activity on mfp and my exercise calories are more than 900 should I be eating those extra calories back??

or just not worry about my activity logging??

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Since you said you were sedentary then yes you should eat those calories back. But I think the better option would be to calculate your TDEE accurately based on your actual exercise per week and then eat that number every day.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I agree, sounds like you need to change your activity level to moderate and then not worry about eating back exercise calories as long as you net above BMR.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I think you are misreading

I wanted to know what my tdee would be IF i was sedentary to figure out how many calories I am burning with exercise. I am extremely Active. I work out 6 days a week.

The tdee on MFP is very low even if you enter very active
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think I don't understand what you mean.

If you want to know know what your TDEE is at sedentary then that is what you calculate, but since you are extremely active you wouldn't use sedentary, you would most likely use the moderate or active setting.

And logging your activity is a preference. Some people do and some people don't. SOme people log their exercise but change the calories burn to 1 calorie, just so that they have a record of the exercise.

Sorry, I wish I could answer your question but I guess I'm just not sure of what it is you are looking for.