Tell me to be patient

Options
I just started with MFP on Thursday and read all about TDEE, BMR, TDEE-15% and I'm on board. I ran my numbers:

height 5' 3"
weight 148.5
BMR = 1412
TDEE 1942
TDEE-15% = 1650
My body fat % is high at 40% (tried 3 different calculators over on fit2fat radio and got 3 different numbers, the 40% was the military calculator. )

I used activity level of light 1-3 hours a week as just starting to exercise again. I was very sedentary. Walked from house to car to building and that's it. I'll up the activity level if I start to do more than 3 hours a week. I just started 30 Day Shred and will add extra cardio a few days, but will probably still be under 3 hours a week initially.

I know this will take time. Problem is, we have 2 weeks at beach in beg. of August and I don't fit any of my summer clothes. I'm stuck with 2 pairs of jeans, 2 skirts that fit me for now. I do not want to buy new clothes for the vacation, and I do not want to look fat. I have to accept that I will look better by August, but I won't be where I want to be, as it'll take more than 10 weeks.

So, tell me to be patient!

Replies

• SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Be patient!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    be patient... It will come

add me if you like we can encourage each other. This whole concept scares the crap out of me
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes be patient, is there any way to start a lift program, or to walk at lunch, or take a couple 15 min breaks and walk around the building?
  • niccig03
    niccig03 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes be patient, is there any way to start a lift program, or to walk at lunch, or take a couple 15 min breaks and walk around the building?

Yes, I can do a lift program. I have a full set of hand weights of different sizes and bench here at home - no machines though. And I can easily walk. We also have an elliptical and years ago I liked doing the HIIT on it. My school semester is over, so I have no school work until the Fall. Until my son's school is out for the summer, I have a lot of time on my own.

I do have a book, "Body sculpting bible for women" and it has a beginner's routine and then 2 more advance routines. And I used to see a trainer years ago, so I do know how to do the moves. Any other suggestions for routines etc.

So, 30 day shred isn't enough lifting? I should add some more in? I also like pilates and am getting a DVD for that - like the breathing, be aware of your body. I also have a zumba DVD.

If I didn't have this trip in August, I would be fine with the time it will take. I decided today that I'll do the best I can in the next 10 weeks and if my summer clothes don't fit, I have a friend who used to be the size I am and I know she'll loan me a few things to tide me over. I really don't want to buy new clothes at this size.

And I have to be patient. I do already feel better. I've worked out more than I have in last 5 months and I didn't feel guilty about the food I ate today. I feel satisfied and know still under TDEE, so there is a deficit. Much better than being hungry and feeling guilty about what I ate. Slow and steady will be my motto.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have and use the body sculpting bible and I think if you start out with that it would be perfect. Just make sure you are upping your weights whenever you feel like you can, try to push yourself. With eating enough, I am upping my weights every workout.
    I am doing my own version of the advanced program, only 3 days a week and no cardio. I have just finished with week 3. I will probably do the 6 weeks and then turn around and do it all again, just subbing out some different exercises.
    I think by August you will be feeling much, much better. What size are you wearing now and what size are your vacation clothes?
  • niccig03
    niccig03 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have and use the body sculpting bible and I think if you start out with that it would be perfect. Just make sure you are upping your weights whenever you feel like you can, try to push yourself. With eating enough, I am upping my weights every workout.
    I am doing my own version of the advanced program, only 3 days a week and no cardio. I have just finished with week 3. I will probably do the 6 weeks and then turn around and do it all again, just subbing out some different exercises.
    I think by August you will be feeling much, much better. What size are you wearing now and what size are your vacation clothes?

Thanks. I just checked our library and they have the New Rules of Lifting for Women that people here talk about. I'll get it tomorrow and see if I like that program as well. I have to be able to do it at home. We have dumbbells that go up to 55 pounds, but no barbell or squat rack. I'm not sure how much this program can be adjusted for at home use.

My summer clothes are size 6. I think I'm a 8/10 right now. I'm short, very pear shaped, my waist isn't much bigger but it's my thighs that are the problem. I'll start and see how much progress I can get by August. I'll borrow clothes if I still need things by August that fit.