30's Weekend - 05/19-20

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hello... hello... hello... (insert echos here)

Where's everyone at? :-) Probably enjoying this beautiful Saturday. At least, I hope it is beautiful where you are.

My day has been hunting for apartments with a dear friend who is moving out to CA in a few months. I love real estate tourism! We have been doing a fair amount of walking around but no formal exercise. I suppose that's how it does when you are doing company/vacation-y things.

Tomorrow we will be hiking. I am trying to convince people to play tennis so that I can meet my "Playtime" challenge. So the week probably won't be a total bust exercise-wise.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

Sara Grace
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Definitely quiet on here the last few days.

Beautiful (hot) 90-degree day near Chicago today. The husband and I got a lot of shopping done in preparation for dinner guests tomorrow - we're going to be hickory-smoking a giant beef brisket, so we just put a BBQ rub on that to sit overnight, then it gets a mustard crust, a beer mop, seven hours of slow-cooking in the smoker, and some homemade BBQ sauce (where's the drooling smiley when you need it?).

Also, made a huge batch of homemade hummus and whole wheat garlic pita chips (figured out that this is ridiculously easy and oh so much cheaper than buying pre-made chips & hummus), and going to throw together a smoky ham & corn salad with some excellent-looking kale greens I found on sale today. Bring on the BBQ season! Now, to avoid the uber salty and sugary snacks that I'm sure our guests will bring...

I haven't joined the weekly challenge thing yet, but I'm hoping to get in some extra playtime exercise tomorrow in the form of ping pong, darts, and croquet (I've already played mini golf and hit the driving range for the first time this summer - fun week!). It helps that my husband and friends are all athletic (or at least pseudo-athletic) :bigsmile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    It has been quiet! Guess that happens as the weather gets nicer and people get outside more. It was raining pretty much all day here yesterday so my tennis lesson was of course cancelled. So far we have only has 2 of the 4 lessons we were supposed to have and there is no lesson over memorial day next weekend either. This is getting quite frustrating as I am really enjoying it but barely getting the lessons I've paid for! I'm undecided on signing up for another round of lessons after this first one has been so unorganized.

Planning to head out for a light jog this morning and then I'm heading to the baseball game this afternoon. Beer and stadium food....this could turn out poorly.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Yup quiet it has been. It's nice here today too. A blue sky for once which usually freaks us humble Brits out. It's a working weekend for me which means plenty of cycling and activity. Plus we just went to pick up a new fridge, thank you ebay. Work will be harsh again next week but i'm going to fit in 3 strength training sessions and with my trainers blessing i've upped the weights and the cv aspect. I just don't see the point of going to the gym and not working up a proper sweat. My folks are coming to see me in a few weeks and we're planning a hike as my dads into his walking in a big way. That i'm looking forward to. This having extra energy is so worth all the effort.