MY GOAL

Options
Justacoffeenut
Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
I'd love to Drop 15 - 18 lbs by June 30th. I know that's alot but I have a long way to go. My UGW is 50-60 lbs away by end of Feb 2013. I am trying to tone as I go. The scale has been stuck for a few days now. The measurement numbers are going up. My hubby says I must be gaining muscle. That's nice but I want the scale to drop!!!!!

I have my calories set at 1410 which I was told by some calculator was my BMR. At first I lost. I walk, do cario, light weight train, and do all I can everyday to workout.

I am on a couple challenges but they will be ending soon. I am hoping this helps me stay motivated and helps me reach my short term goals, or as close as possible.

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Well tried it...Zumba done. Not sure how to judge the calories burned so just going to use the counter I found and say the lowest. Was fun. If I ever get the chance to be without kids again. I'll do it again. Don't think Id ever be confident enough to do it in public have two left feet, but was fun. May even get a cd or something. Thank goodness for youtube.

Still struggling. Just wish and hope I can get this all figured out in time to reach my June goal weight.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    I don't get it. I log everything and I mean everything I put in my mouth. And I log my workouts. So why is it that at the end of the day MFP says in 5 weeks you will weight .... (which is what I hope to weigh in 5 weeks) and instead the gang scale and measurements are not moving????????????????????????????????????

:grumble:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Well man am I sore today. My waist at my hips and my lower back are so sore. If I sneeze I just want to cry. But if it helps the scale and the tape numbers to drop what is a little soreness.

Come on numbers drop, PLEASE.

I am really trying to lose this weight the healthy right way this time. Ive tried every other way. If I restrict myself to much then I can't stay with it. I am really trying to be balanced this time. I want to be able to do this and maintain it the rest of my life. I am tired of this up and down. I want off this rollercoaster.

But being stuck at this weight and the number not moving I am really finding it hard not to do something like I would in the past. Either give up or try some method to "kick start". Which for me may get a loss but I always end up gaining that plus more back.

sigh..............
  • tinaj254
    tinaj254 Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't stress out! Your doing an awesome job and you will reach your goal soon!! Keep up the good work
  • thewaterwoman
    thewaterwoman Posts: 104
    Options
    D:)

BIG DEEP breath and take your focus of the scale ...and keep on doing what you are doing
    SMILE more ....and laugh even more at that silly scale that is not up to speed with YOU YET :)
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Here is what I don't understand. (at least at this moment)

Carbs

my carb goal is 143 yesterday I ate 142. I don't get why when what I ate yesterday I lost 1lb (not complaining just don't understand)
    Usually when I eat carbs, brown rice, white rice, pasta I gain. So why did I lose.

I so wish I could understand why my body does what it does. Of course if I could I likely never would of needed to join MFP or this group.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    This is more for me then anything. A reminder to myself. But maybe some of you can relate to it,

This for me is a lfestyle change. And life isnt always easy. So if I want to reach and hope keep my goals I have to keep moving forward. Sometime you have to hit the wall and push on through. Before life would happen and I'd use that as a reason to stop. Not for a day or two but just stop until things calm down. You need balance in everything yes. But I dont want life to stop me anymore. A pause may happen. Like a coma in a sentance life may make me pause. However no more end of sentance period stops for me.

This is a life style change. Not just for when times are easy.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    This is more for me then anything. A reminder to myself. But maybe some of you can relate to it,

This for me is a lfestyle change. And life isnt always easy. So if I want to reach and hope keep my goals I have to keep moving forward. Sometime you have to hit the wall and push on through. Before life would happen and I'd use that as a reason to stop. Not for a day or two but just stop until things calm down. You need balance in everything yes. But I dont want life to stop me anymore. A pause may happen. Like a coma in a sentance life may make me pause. However no more end of sentance period stops for me.

This is a life style change. Not just for when times are easy.

MUST REMIND MYSELF OF THIS!!!!

I was feeling so up. Dropped a lb have no idea why but I did. Some measurements are changing. So felt good. So everyone one says take pictures of your self to compare. I never have. I hate pictures of me. So I took pictures. WHAT WAS I THINKING :blushing: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am not going to delete them, but don't think I will ever get them developed either I don't want anyone else to see these EVER!

I just kow all you who say take pictures it helps better be right. :noway:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Here is what I don't understand. (at least at this moment)

Carbs

my carb goal is 143 yesterday I ate 142. I don't get why when what I ate yesterday I lost 1lb (not complaining just don't understand)
    Usually when I eat carbs, brown rice, white rice, pasta I gain. So why did I lose.

I so wish I could understand why my body does what it does. Of course if I could I likely never would of needed to join MFP or this group.

Well ate they same pretty much yesterday as I did Tuesday. And now I have gain back that lb I lost. Brown Rice, The bannana or the oatmeal? Oatmeal was the really the only thing different.

I swear I don't understand my body :angry: :grumble:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    :sad: :angry: :embarassed: :frown::sad : yawn:: sad:

Yeah that pretty much sums me up today.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Warning MAJOR VENT :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ok I was on a challenge. Where we were given things we HAD to do each week or else be chopped. I did at least that but always more each week. I reported honestly and on time each week. Regardless of what was going on in my life, how bad I felt or anything. I staied up late to get my exercise is. I took time away from my husband to go workout. I busted my butt to stay on the team. Didnt aske why or anything just did what I was asked to do to help the team plus more.

NOW i get a message I am being chopped cause I wont friend request. WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! Want to see my diary cause you think I am making stuff up fine ask I will give you a code. I know there are ones out that will say whatever and such. But I am not one that does that. Besides if I was the weigh ins would show a major gain not a loss. Whatever.

Lying only hurts yourself. Just is discouraging. This happend all the time. People wont help, or I am cut cause I wont friend request. Why do I have to put myself totally out there for help. I don't know anyone on here but about 3 people. So why do I have to let total strangers in. I shouldn't have to. And I don't know why people keep cutting people because of it. If you are here to help then help. You want us to take you at your word take me at mine.

I am beginning to wonder. Am I in this totally alone? Who will drop me next?
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Well as you can see by my ticker gain 3 lbs. Don't think I am going to make my goal for end of June. Now need to lose 17 lbs and only 33 days to do it. I know this is memorial day weekend and all. And yes went to a cookout yesterday but I thought I ate well. Thought couldn't log anything cause had no idea how anything was made. And of course by the time I got to the food my salad I had made was gone. Oh well. Guess a new day.

Just adding to my already down mood.

Trying to figure out what workout I can really do today that will burn alot of cal. Heat index is super high and my asthma kicks in if I go out for to long. So need to figure out something to do in our small space with all the family around.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • jholland99
    jholland99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been using my fitness for 32 days and I need .8 more to reach my weight goal.. this is my first goal then need to tone down so more weights and less cardio maybe. My tip: do fun things that burn calories so u want to do it again like today I walked by the water outside and loved it. Good luck my friends and STOP THINKING SO MUCH ABOUT THE SCALE its about how u feel not the #
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    I hate to think about when this group will end. I have found alot of encouragement on here. Best i have found so far.
  • jholland99
    jholland99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Become friends w people that will help u stay motivayed and they can always help u
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Well today my goal is just to keep moving. Kids had me up very late and then husband day started earlier then normal. So got at most 2 hr sleep last night and not together. But up and moving. Goal to keep moving. :yawn: thank goodness for expresso and coffee in general. :drinker: Had cut way back but today I am going to fall off the wagon and drink lots I feel.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    A thought that keeps running through my mind is, Is there such a thing as weigh in to much?

I know some say weight in once a month, others once a week. I find if I don't do it daily then I tend to let myself get to thinking I am ok when I end up at the end of the week not being.

Anyway's just what has been racing through my mind today.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    ‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    HELP!!!!! In need of food idea's just got informed our grocery budget for 4 just go cut in 1/2. :sad: I know pasta, potatoes, but that's what got me where I am now. I am not a loss I really just don't know what to do and am at my wits end. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    :sad: :sad: My kids don't like any of the normal things kids do. And have allergies. My husband does as well. And then there is me that was tring to squeeze out some for a healthy treat every now and again. I really don't know what i am going to do. I know my family will get what they need somehow I will make sure they do. I just don't want myself to go to pot again. I just started to get somewhere. And have already gave away all the clothes I had that fit me at my heavier weight. :brokenheart:

Not sure what hubby is going to say when he come home. We have a small garden with my folks but that won't be ready for a bit yet. :sad: :sad: