Anyone else NOT gain when you started?

Options
cherrybomb_77
cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
Not that I'm complaining! Just wondering, since it seems like the big concern is gaining. I had a very small initial gain, though I think that was sodium and not EMTLW (I bloat horribly if I eat too much sodium, but it's always gone within a day or two of eating right). I started doing EMTLW May 1st, increasing incrementally and now I'm at TDEE-15%. I've actually lost 4.8 pounds so far. I'm curious, if you started losing right away, did you work up to cut, or jump right in?

Replies

• LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I started on April 30 and I initially gained a few pounds that dissapeard as quickly as they showed up. I started at 141, went up to 143 and am now at 139. I've also lost several inches (all over).
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I lost several pounds the first week but this week has leveled out and added a little, but I have had a ton of carbs so I think it's water weight.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lbs the first wk and gained 3lbs over the following 3 weeks so net loss 1lb the first month. I then started losing bf from there.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a scale. But I was def bloated, lol
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of upping my calories and I've not had a gain, but I've also come off the end of my cycle so I'm not sure if the two combined equaled the loss or what.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain either :)

I have lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks of eating more.
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This will be my first full week of emtlw and while I'm a bit nervous any it since my scale hasn't moved in almost two weeks I'm curious. Only thing is I've done the bmr and tdee calcs and the 20% cut on tdee looks very similar to mfp numbers when I exercise ... The tdee cut is about 100 calories higher .. so ill go with fmp for now on workout days and avg it out on Jim workout ... Will check bk in a week
  • hill_dilley
    hill_dilley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and TDEE -15%, only eating back if my exercise takes me below BMR. Feeling ful and bloated but maintaining so far.

Early days!

Liz
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories from around 1300 up to 1700 less than a week ago. I did weigh myself before doing so, and I stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity (I stayed up later than usual last night, with friends, snacking on a few things that normally I would have felt guilt about and they would have sent me into an all out binge ... but that's for another post entirely LOL).

The scale showed no weight gain! I did start strength training again so my muscles feel a bit puffy & sore. I don't really feel bloated in general though. I actually feel GREAT. I'm not starving after dinner, so I don't sit there thinking about all of the foods I'd like to gorge myself on. It's such a relief! And even when I do have a small serving of a "treat", I'm not falling into a binge.

THANK YOU EMTWL! I already feel like I've been able to lose the anxiety over food. I really feel like this enlightenment has changed my life and my approach to HEALTH. :heart:

Happy eating everyone!
  • hill_dilley
    hill_dilley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and TDEE -15%, only eating back if my exercise takes me below BMR. Feeling ful and bloated but maintaining so far.

Early days!

Liz
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I increased my calories from around 1300 up to 1700 less than a week ago. I did weigh myself before doing so, and I stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity (I stayed up later than usual last night, with friends, snacking on a few things that normally I would have felt guilt about and they would have sent me into an all out binge ... but that's for another post entirely LOL).

The scale showed no weight gain! I did start strength training again so my muscles feel a bit puffy & sore. I don't really feel bloated in general though. I actually feel GREAT. I'm not starving after dinner, so I don't sit there thinking about all of the foods I'd like to gorge myself on. It's such a relief! And even when I do have a small serving of a "treat", I'm not falling into a binge.

THANK YOU EMTWL! I already feel like I've been able to lose the anxiety over food. I really feel like this enlightenment has changed my life and my approach to HEALTH. :heart:

Happy eating everyone!

Same here, 1300-1700 about a week ago.
    Jumped on the scale last night and weighed about the same that I do most evenings (always less in the mornings, right out of bed with no clothes, haha!). I told myself I'm not taking my scale seriously for another few weeks. We'll see....
    :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    This is middle of week 4 for me, and I have not gained nor lost anything (except the normal TOM 3-5lbs up/down) I lost an inch on my waist, one on my hips, and my legs and arms definitely have much more definition and shape that 2 months ago when I started lifting....
    I do so hope to see a drop in the scale number soon....
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 lb then I gained it back then I lost that 1lb again and I've been at a stand still for a week now.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    I have no idea if I gained or not... I have not check scale yet.. SO SCARED LOL

But but but, I'm definitely bloateeeeeeeeeeeed! Oh gosh
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any weight. I moved my calories up over three steps instead of one huge jump. I have been eating under 1200 calories a day for years and so just moving up to 1200 was an increase. Then when I discovered this group I moved up halfway to my TDEE - the cut that I am at now. This took place over about a week and half.

I have lost three pounds since I started using MPF, two of those after I learned so much from EM2WL.

Not much bloating for me, thank goodness. I attribute that to my high water and green tea consumption, plus increasing my calories gradually instead of all at once.

Catherine (in my 3rd week of MFP and 2nd week of EM2WL)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 4 and have seen no gain/loss.
  • susiek80
    susiek80 Posts: 19
    Options
    I made the mistake of starting right before TOM, like the day before, so I can't really tell. Plus, I put my scale away as not to freak myself out. So far, my clothes are fitting fine but I will definitely have to check the scale in a few weeks...