Why do I feel so cold?

Options
Why after every meal I eat with 20 mins I feel so cold?
I have only noticed this in the last three weeks or so since I joined MFP, kind of worried. I have heard blood and energy is concentrated around the digestive system but so much so that I actually shiver a little.
Any ideas, is this normal and I just have not noticed?
Nikki.

Replies

• Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem when i lost 24 KG 2 years ago, but i've gained them back and this went away.
    however, at the time i thought it was due to my body adjusting to my new weight. am not sure thought.

i would like a proper explanation too!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I googled "cold after eating" and from the few things I just read quick it sounds like blood is being diverted from other parts of your body to go to your digestive organs to digest what you ate..when its done, it clears out and returns to your extremities so after being chilled for a while, you are warm again.

I was cold for a couple of years before I got my heart problems under control..It was odd because I've always been so hot natured but it got to the point I would wear a jacket inside at work all day because if not I was freezing!! That was just poor overall circuation I now realize. (lol like duh on me!! it took a long time for that to click with me)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as my body burning off the fat. It happens to me when I am eating well and burning calories. To me it means your losing weight!
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do you have a thyroid issue? Those who are hypo are sensitive to cold though once it's under control that lessens. Though, if its just after you eat and only in one area it likely isn't thyroid related.