Non workout day questions...Help!

Options
Newbie here and just trying to fit all the info in my brain. I just had a question on taking in calories on non-workout day or rest days. I know consistency is key so we should try to eat around the same amount of calories each day, but is it okay or right to lower the intake of calories on those non workout days. If so how much do you lower it?

The reason I ask is that as a teacher who has to attend some night events with nightly grading/lesson planning I know I won't fit in a workout a couple times in the coming weeks. (okay I might be whining but I blame my quirky bunch of second graders...a few in particular.) I already derailed myself by not exercising the last three nights and boy can I feel it.

This information is in probably in one of the articles but I am just stressing myself out, ...but such is life right :)

Replies

• scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Newbie here and just trying to fit all the info in my brain. I just had a question on taking in calories on non-workout day or rest days. I know consistency is key so we should try to eat around the same amount of calories each day, but is it okay or right to lower the intake of calories on those non workout days. If so how much do you lower it?

The reason I ask is that as a teacher who has to attend some night events with nightly grading/lesson planning I know I won't fit in a workout a couple times in the coming weeks. (okay I might be whining but I blame my quirky bunch of second graders...a few in particular.) I already derailed myself by not exercising the last three nights and boy can I feel it.

This information is in probably in one of the articles but I am just stressing myself out, ...but such is life right :)
    Most people eat the same everyday regardless of workout or non workout days. I would recommend just eat your cut value everyday. Now whether you can lower your calories the answer is yes, but the problem is you really don't know how many calories you are burning everyday exactly. Even if you don't work out you could burn just as many calories just doing day to day activities. I know on weekends I have normally taken breaks from the gym, but I end up burning more calories on those 2 days because I do alot of yard work, cleaning up the house etc. (i use a bodymedia fit) so I know how much I'm burning.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Eat your cut daily. As Scot mentioned and for sake of consistency. You want the body to trust it will get fuel and dropping cals it will just think you were on another binge cycle.