Advice - please

Options
HI

I'm sorry if this gets asked 100 times, but I am trying to get my head around the numbers and being a life long low calorie dietier I find adding to them a little scary!

I have been to the scooby site and it tells me my TDEE is 1531 and so I should be eating 1300 cals to lose weight. So I have changed my goal to 1300, which gives me 220 odd cals deficit (aiming for 0.5lbs a week). - is that right?

I am slowly building the exercise but for the moment I want to keep it at low with adding the work on so that I can see how many extra calories I have earned as I'm not sure if I will be able to do it .

Do I need to then eat the exercise calories back? or at 300 cals is that low enough to leave as an extra kick for now?

any help / guidence / pointers greatfully received!

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    That seems awfully low unless you are super teeny and extremely sedentary. What are your stats? Are you doing any kind of exercise at this point?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    That seems awfully low unless you are super teeny and extremely sedentary. What are your stats? Are you doing any kind of exercise at this point?

I agree, that does seem really low.

Please share your stats: age, height and weight and how much you exercise.
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5ft 2.5 and weigh 119lbs (aiming for 112lbs) - I have a small frame. I'm 33.

I work in an office and commute two hours a day - so left it as seditary and set the loss to 15% ( as advised in the sticky)

I am trying to do exercise but struggle to fit it in, have been managing half an hour a day so far with either the bike or my 30day shread.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If you are listed as sedentary, then yes, you would essentially want to eat back any exercise cals you earn, making sure you never eat below your BMR.
    Once you get yourself into a routine and you are working out on average 3-5 hours a week, then maybe switch up to moderate on your TDEE and see what that does for you.

You may find being so close to your end goal that it will be slow losses and a long path to go for you.

HTH
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I would go with lightly active on scoobysworkshop calculator and do a custom goal that way. Very few people are truly sedentary!
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    Thanks all.

If I dont actively move/exercise I am pretty seditary. There's only me and my chap at home do aside from a touh of cleaning and cooking my free time is spent sewing, taking pictures and visiting friends.

I will up the level once I am exercising regularly, but it's sporadic due to work commitments so for now it's eaiser for me to add the exercise cals on and eat them back.