Not sure what to do now? Help?

Options
twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
OK now i am totally lost .

I worked out my TDEE etc and ate at my cut value for 3 weeks ... actually says a loss every week of about 0.5lbs. Was told to go by moderate exercise numbers. Not much of loss but something i guess. i was pretty happy as this was the start of my eating more. but i wanted more so i looked at my numbers and i think i had my exercise numbers wrong.

i only do total of 2-2 1/2 hours a week. 30 mins elliptical/cross trainer x2 /wk and 30 day shred (22mins) x3/week. i go hard for each but with this much figured i only feel i would be light not moderate.

light is 1-3 hours
Moderate is 3-5 hours

I dropped my numbers from moderate to light as i figured i actually fell here rather than moderate.

So now i put on this week on scale and inches!!!!.

Do i have numbers wrong and should i go back to higher exercise numbers even though i feel i don't fit there?
please help. thought i had it and now it changing up on me. Any ideas on what exercise level i should be?

i guess the numbers aren't gospel and everyone is slightly different but not sure which direction i should go in?

TOM not due, staying under my sodium and was consistent with cals i thought. will open my diary for you. And before anyone asks. I only do weights in 30DS and can't afford to do any more weights just yet. maybe in few months.

Many many thanks for your help

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I would bump it back up to moderate. I think the intensity of your workouts is a little more than light...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
    Keep up the good work, .5 lb a week is fantastic!!!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Thanks

So much stress over getting TDEE right ... I feel that if that is right then i can go from there ... I wish there was just one magic number and I knew it was right. :sad:

I was initally thinking of going back as I was seeing something at least ... but not as much as i would see previously. ho hum!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Another option would be to average the two. Just an idea!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Another option would be to average the two. Just an idea!

SNAP ... was just about to do that ... put back up but down a tad and should be good ... hehehe ... thanks
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Just wondering how i put on when i eat less, when when i was lower (before EM2WL) i was losing. bizarre!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Just wondering how i put on when i eat less, when when i was lower (before EM2WL) i was losing. bizarre!
    Its crazy isnt it, how quickly our bodies adapt to such a low calorie intake! I had the same experience!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I would bump it back up to moderate. I think the intensity of your workouts is a little more than light...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
    Keep up the good work, .5 lb a week is fantastic!!!
    ^ This!!
    Losing .5lbs every week in the first 3 weeks is awesome!! Do what you were doing!! I wouldn't change a thing!!!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Thanks for your replies ... you guys are awesome :flowerforyou:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Also, remember that messing around with the cals, causes scale fluctuation as well. I agree w/bumping those cals back up. Your body seems to have adapted to the higher cals rather quickly, and might put up a bit of rebellion at the insinuation of you dropping those cals again. :laugh:
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Also, remember that messing around with the cals, causes scale fluctuation as well. I agree w/bumping those cals back up. Your body seems to have adapted to the higher cals rather quickly, and might put up a bit of rebellion at the insinuation of you dropping those cals again. :laugh:

Talk about an inwards battle! ... oh well more food it is then ... yum!!! hehehe :happy: