How do I start NROL4W?

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
So I got the book and I'm thinking I could maybe do this AFTER Bodypump if I go light on my legs/arms whatever day I add this. I got to the workout section and got so confused! What am I supposed to start with? Squats? Are they weighted with dumbbells at my sides? How heavy do I go? I just feel LOST!

Replies

• luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i read the book from the library & i was super lost too!! cant wait to see the replies!
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do Body Pump twice a week. So on Saturday I did the very first workout because I don't do Body Pump that day. I don't know if doing it after would make you too sore or not? I'm going out on faith and skipping pump on Monday and doing the 2nd workout. It works better for my schedule anyway that day. I haven't been sore from pump - but am a bit sore today from yesterday's workout. We will see .

I hope that helped! :) To give you an idea - in pump on my bar I put 8.5 kg on each side - and when I did the squat workout for NROL4W I used a 50 lb squat bar since I was only doing two sets. I also did 60 lbs on the seated row and I usually have 7.5 kg on each side of my bar for the back track. So I'd start with a bit higher weight - because on the next workout you can always go heavier if needed.

Sherry
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet, but there's another MFP group for NWOLFW that might be able to help. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    the book gives you a few different ways of doing most of the exercises, so you can pick and choose which ones you want to do. Some people find working with dumbells to start is better. Others use the rack and barbells..
    Some of the exercises will give you an "easier" version to start and then they show you harder ones later on.. like the dead lifts, and pushups..
    You can play around with them, see which ones you like best or do them in whichever workout you like..