5 week update

Options
justagirl2013
justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
Well it's been 36 days for me now, or 5 weeks 1 day of eating more. Today is my official weekly weigh in, but I track daily with hackdiet. I've been seeing a slight trend downwards, then a little upwards, and now downwards again.

So with that said, here are my before and current stats.

Before:
Weight 203.2
Neck: 15
Waist 37
hips 45
bust 35
bicep 15
thigh 25
calf 17
body fat 42.1%

**At one point (4/21) I had "gained" 7 pounds**

Current:
Weight 200.2 (really? .3 from being under the 200 ugh! lol)
Neck 14
Waist 38
hips 46
bust 36
bicep 15.5
thigh 26
calf 17.5
body fat 44.3%

Total weight loss: 10 pounds, total inches lost 1 (from neck), total inches gained: 5. Body fat gained 2.2%

So I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. I'm a bit baffled as why my measurements have gone up. I wasn't over on sodium lately, I do not get TOM anymore (IUD), and it was a pretty "normal" day for me. I'm fretful and need to try on a dress today, because I'm afraid with my waist and hips going up that I may not fit into it. That's not a good thing as the wedding is in 2 weeks!

I really wanted to start a weight program, however, this is my travel season, and I knew that I would not have the ability to get into the gym to do the weights (I do not have access to free weights, and it would be very hard to bring them with me traveling). I can run anywhere though ;) I had planned on starting weights in August when my travel season is over with.

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I don't have any info on how to help you, but I'm hoping some of the experts will see your post and give you more info. I'm sorta feeling in the same boat, but I know I have exceeded my sodium for at least the last 2 weeks. I'm gonna work on that.

Sending hugs your way.
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    I'm sorry. I don't have any info on how to help you, but I'm hoping some of the experts will see your post and give you more info. I'm sorta feeling in the same boat, but I know I have exceeded my sodium for at least the last 2 weeks. I'm gonna work on that.

Sending hugs your way.

Thanks. I'm not sure if there's much info to give me honestly, other than to lift weights and keep at it. I plan to keep at it, and lifting will have to wait for a few weeks.

Good luck on keeping sodium down, it's so hard! Everything has sodium in it, ugh!
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    Don't get discouraged.

Take a look at this article someone posted it last week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/science/a-mathematical-challenge-to-obesity.html?smid=pl-share

quote from article

"One of the things the numbers have shown us is that weight change, up or down, takes a very, very long time. All diets work. But the reaction time is really slow: on the order of a year."
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    Don't get discouraged.

Take a look at this article someone posted it last week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/science/a-mathematical-challenge-to-obesity.html?smid=pl-share

quote from article

"One of the things the numbers have shown us is that weight change, up or down, takes a very, very long time. All diets work. But the reaction time is really slow: on the order of a year."

That is a great article!

I really hope no one thinks I'm discouraged. If you consider it, I've lost 2/lb per week, which I'm happy with. I'm not as thrilled with the inches, but it's okay. I'll get there some day. As long as I am losing in one form or another (scale or tape) then all is well :)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you want to start strength training, check out some free online workouts, like on youtube. I have had really nice body changes doing a primal workout that uses only your body weight. Otherwise, hang in there. I noticed my measurements went up too, but my body fat is down. And I am fitting into smaller stuff. Weird. But I'll take it.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Just know you are not the only one this is happening too. I am on 6 weeks of EM2WL and have gained lbs (about 10, hoping some is water and LBM as I have been heavy lifting too) and gained 8" all over as well. Trying to reset metabolism and trying to keep the chin up. There are a few others of us out here too. Just so you know your not alone.