Anyone actually loosing weight?!?!?!

Izzyd1979
Izzyd1979 Posts: 24 Member
So I've been trying to loose weight and have been good about my diet and exercise for 3 months now. I keep loosing 5 pounds then if I have ONE day where I have a couple drinks, or go to dinner with friends, live a little basically, the next day the scale is back up 5 pounds and it takes another 2 weeks to loose it. This is driving me insane!!

I eat between 1300-1500 cal/days most days, try to burn 2500/week (if its a crazy work week I just walk the dog) and when I talk about a "cheat" day it usually mounts to 2500-3000cal at most. I gained 25 pounds this winter and I can't shake them off, Ive been hypo for 5 years now and was able to maintain my weight within a 10 pounds range of where I accept to be pretty consistently til now. This is very frustrating and depressing.

Anyone else has that going on?

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Hi Izzy,
    I have only known I had hypothyroidism for the last month & a half. Since being on this site I have learned some great things in helping me feel better & keep losing the weight.
    1). Gluten-free diet works better for us, and helps weight loss
    2). Virgin Coconut Oil helps our thyroid & weight loss
    3). Selenium & Oil of Primrose also help

There are many other things too, hopefully someone else will step in & help.

I am not one to ever go off my diet, once I'm focused. The weight loss is so hard-earned, I'm afraid of reversing it... ever.
    I do know (used to be a diet counselor); that alcohol is one of the worst things you can "cheat" with. It wrecks havoc with your body, blood sugar, etc. When clients took a drink on the week-end it took all week to get back to their previous weight loss. And these were young women with no thyroid problems. So, its understandable that the "drink" sets you back for 2 weeks. I'd say its definitely not worth it...

For me, I have a love-hate relationship with food. I loved it for many years, and it hated me back... made me miserable. I had to learn that its not going to comfort me, its going to make things worse. So I set my sights on better things. No turning back for me.

Hope that helps.