Just starting out

Options
laceylou0702
laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
Hey everyone, I'm just starting this today, I'm scared & nervous as I'm sure most of you were.

Anyway I figured out the info below and just want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.
Me:
5'3"
181lbs
28 years old (I'll be 29 in July so do I use that??) I used 28
39% Body Fat

My BMR is 1450
TDEE is 1935
- 15% 291
I should be eating about 1650 calories per day correct??

Does lean body mass have anything to do with this at all or is that specifically for eating protein? UGH so much to learn!

Thanks for the help!
Lacey

Replies

• laceylou0702
    Options
    And with that being said do I eat back the calories I burn during exercise? I would assume yes but I'm not sure.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm just starting this today, I'm scared & nervous as I'm sure most of you were.

Anyway I figured out the info below and just want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.
    Me:
    5'3"
    181lbs
    28 years old (I'll be 29 in July so do I use that??) I used 28
    39% Body Fat

My BMR is 1450
    TDEE is 1935
    - 15% 291

Does lean body mass have anything to do with this at all or is that specifically for eating protein? UGH so much to learn!

Thanks for the help!

Welcome! Those numbers seem a but low...what are your weekly workouts like? If your activity level is accurate, then yes those numbers would be right, for fat loss you eat 15% below TDEE.
    Lacey
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options

My BMR is 1450
    TDEE is 1935
    - 15% 291

Yes, 1650 per day. And if you burn more than 200 calories per day (1650-1450), then you need to increase your calories so that you Net at least your BMR (1450). But, what level of activity are you including in your calculation? Your TDEE seems a bit low.

I don't understand this question. The higher your lean body mass (or the more muscle), the more calories your body needs. I'm not sure what you mean or about protein. It is recommended that you set your macros to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat.

Hope that helps.
  • laceylou0702
    Options
    Thanks, I think I have my numbers right I did the one with exercising 3 times per week other than that I sit at a desk all day. I have a part time job that is alot of movement & I work out 3 days a week at Curves. So I figure that is right?!?

Thanks for the macro settings!
  • laceylou0702
    Options
    I just double checked I did light activity.... I'll try it and if it's not working maybe bump up to the next level I guess.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    And with that being said do I eat back the calories I burn during exercise? I would assume yes but I'm not sure.

You only need to eat back exercise calories if you exercised enough to put your numbers below BMR. TDEE accounts for your exercise already.