NROLFW

TripleJ3
TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
I was all set to buy this for my Kindle app off Amazon, but I see there are some mixed reviews. Some people said there was a lot of equipment needed and others weren't impressed with the exercises or lack there of.

I know I have seen many people on here say they love it but I just don't want to waste money on a book I won't use or could get something similar online for free.

Has everyone who bought this book found it useful? Any negatives?

Replies

• Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    I have the book and used it through Stage 2. I really enjoyed Stage 1, but I switched to another program towards the end of Stage 2. I got bored with the constant step-ups and lunges (not my thing). It does contain good information, but I didn't really care for the exercise. I also ended up buying the book twice. I had originally downloaded to my Nook, but the page numbering made it difficult to go back and forth at the gym. I went ahead and bought a hard copy to take with me. Of course, now I'm using neither! :ohwell:
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    I have it and like it, but there are also a lot of limitations. If you are going to be doing it at home, there is A LOT of equipment you would need to buy. There is a post going on right now in the NROLFW group that lists everything you need to have. It is a long and expensive list. I currently do it at home and I don't have everything. I seem to be doing ok right now, but I know the further I go along in the program the less I will be able to do at home. I'm gonna keep going like this for a while, but I will probably look into more bodyweight exercises when it is no longer working for me.

If you belong to a gym you would be able to do the program the way it was meant to be done :)

Good luck!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    That is very helpful. I meant to mention that I do not have a gym membership and need home work outs. Maybe in the future if I ever get a membership again then I will look into it.

And I did wonder about using my IPAD verses buying hardcover. I have heard good things about Rocktv.com but I need a new laptop, we have been having issues with my current one, especially when it comes to videos. Its always something! This is why I like dvd workouts the best, just pop it in, workout and be done.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I have been doing it for about three weeks now and I enjoy it, but I do have complete access at the gym, so I dont have to worry about buying equipment for at home. I am enjoying it. The first stage is just kind of getting you into routine and working with weights. Im doing about 25-30 mins right now with it. However the next stages apparently ramp you up more so there is more time spent at the gym.

I think its like anything though, you get what you want out of it.. Its not for everyone, but for me, it was a good starting point and a way to get me interested into weights and figuring things out