Week 1, Walk 4 mins. Jog 1 min. 3 reps.

Options
jenniejengin
jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
Here you can log your progress for Week 1, daily or weekly. Please let us know if it was comfortable or hard, also, let us know your age and height, your b4 measurements or weight, which ever you prefer. Thanks.

Walk 4 minutes.
Jog 1 minutes.
Repeat each set 3 times (walk 4 minutes, Jog 1 minute, which is 1 rep., then repeat).

Your total Walking time would be 12 minutes.
Your total Jogging time would be 3 minutes..
Your total time in minutes all together will be 15 minutes.

You do this workout 3 times a week, with rest days in between workouts while your body adjusts to the higher intensity.

Replies

• vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I tried this for two days, and it's much too slow for me. I'm going to consider myself ADVANCED and move on to Week 5!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I had to advance myself as well.
  • Nlynn78
    Nlynn78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this on friday, even if its too slow, going to only go step by step...I have a bad habit of jumping ahead to far to fast and then getting hurt or discouraged. :)
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the dog will like this.

I'm going to try it in about an hour after I've digested a little more of my lunch.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ok. Well, it seems to not have killed me, so that means it make me stronger, right?

I didn't like the idea of ending on a jog, and also because I apparently can't do math or count in my head while I'm jogging (or really other times for that matter)... I ended up walking 4 min, jogging 1 min, walking 3 min, jogging 1 min, walking 3 min, jogging 1 min, walking 3 min, jogging 1 min, walking 3 min for a total of 20.
  • Tazietd
    Tazietd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just joined this group - and I have started trying to jog some and am having shin splints (I had these years ago too). Any suggestions of what else I should go besides more stretching and icing? I am going to buy new shoes (Mazutos ?sp?) tonight to see if that helps any and the college girl who works at the sports store said she was avail. for hire to help me learn the right techniques.