Zumba?

Options
txsgirlK
txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
Anyone do it? Love it, hate it? What about the whole "less cardio, more weight lifiting" debate??

Replies

• cafeconleche
    Options
    I'm seeing that argument lately, too (I'm new to the group), but I will read moe about it. I did Zumba all last year and I LOVED it. My instructor was really good. Her particular style was hard hitting, but her moves were not complicated. Some of the instructors I've had make the moves so darn complicated, it was not enjoyable. If you can get a great instructor, it is really fun. Give yourself a few classes to learn the moves; I know it took me awhile before I could get it.
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did it help you to lose inches?
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    I love Zumba and my Hip Hop class. I just do it once a week as a treat and make sure to eat some more that day. When I was doing it three times a week, I was too tired to lift weights well.
  • NCMeg
    NCMeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love my zumba class! Our gym has 2 different instructors, but one is a lot better than the other. If you try it , don't stand in the back! You won't be able to see anything (I learned the hard way). Go give it a chance. :)