Am I understanding this correctly?

Options
lyndall5311
lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
Hi all,

I'm new to this group, my weight loss has stalled over the past 6 weeks (actually in the past 2 weeks I've actually gained 1.5kg).

I was following what MFP had set me of 1330 calories a day, I was exercising 3-4 times a week (2 gym sessions, a boxercise class and a spin class), and eating back about half of my exercise calories. So in actual fact, I was probably only eating about 1100 calories on the days that I exercised.

I came across this group and a couple of other treads on here, and all the information really made sense.

I just want to make sure that I have my numbers correct before I go up my calories by 800.

My BMR is 1729, my TDEE to maintain is 2681 and my TDEE - 15% is 2279. Do I have these numbers right? My current weight is 95kg, height is 175cm, moderate exercise and a 15% calorie deficit.

Am I right in assuming that I am probably going to put some weight on before I start losing again? If so, roughly how long does it take to start losing again? Ive read anywhere from 1 week to 8 weeks, or is it dependent on the person?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Lyndall :smile:

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Lyndall,

Welcome to the group. You didn't include your age, so I could not rerun your TDEE or BMR. But your numbers seem to be about right.

Yes, your scale will probably show a temporary gain when you increase your calories. Check out the explanations here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience

And yes it can take up to 6-8 weeks before your scale goes back down.
  • lyndall5311
    Options
    Great thank you.

My age is 32.

I think I was just wanting some reassurance more than anything, its a little scary upping my calories by 800. :smile:
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I understand. You are not alone. Check out the posts in the "what to expect" thread as well as some of the success stories.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Great thank you.

My age is 32.

I think I was just wanting some reassurance more than anything, its a little scary upping my calories by 800. :smile:

I knowww I am scared too! Just started w/ this a few days ago. I'd always bumped my calories every time I've stalled, but not THIS much! Frightening, but there's so many people here who believe in it that we've just gotta have a little faith!! :) Good luck
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started EMTWL yesterday :) Glad to see it is going so well for you

Lyndall5311 - I see you are talking kg, where are you from? Australia?
  • lyndall5311
    Options
    I started EMTWL yesterday :) Glad to see it is going so well for you

Lyndall5311 - I see you are talking kg, where are you from? Australia?

Hi,

Yes I am, Im from country Victoria. You?

:)
  • lyndall5311
    Options
    Great thank you.

My age is 32.

I knowww I am scared too! Just started w/ this a few days ago. I'd always bumped my calories every time I've stalled, but not THIS much! Frightening, but there's so many people here who believe in it that we've just gotta have a little faith!! :) Good luck

Thanks, and to you too.

I figure, Im gaining at the moment, so really have nothing to lose - well except weight!!!
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    QLD :)

Ilbs annoy me so I get happy when I see another kg ticker. Though I need to work out how to put mine on :)

ETA - just worked it out LOL
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1729, my TDEE to maintain is 2681 and my TDEE - 15% is 2279. Do I have these numbers right? My current weight is 95kg, height is 175cm, moderate exercise and a 15% calorie deficit.

Am I right in assuming that I am probably going to put some weight on before I start losing again? If so, roughly how long does it take to start losing again? Ive read anywhere from 1 week to 8 weeks, or is it dependent on the person?

hi there

I am 32, 90kg and 5"4. My numbers are roughly the same. (MIne are BMR 1670, TDEE-15% 2200).
    I exercise 5 times a week for 30 mins at a time bascially. Your numbers look right after running your numbers.

People say don't worry about the scale for this reason as your weight may go up and down for all sorts of reasons so you should read the what to expect section.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Great thank you.

My age is 32.

Hey lady, just wanted to share with you, that I too bumped from 1200, to 1350, to 1500...each time bouncing around and still stalling out. Then I read some info and made the big leap up to 1800, lost 4lbs, gained back 3lbs, then finally started to lose slowly and consistently...then I stalled again and bumped another 100.

Our bodies need the fuel, please feel free to take a look at my progress pics whenever you have a doubt. EM2WL does work...just time, patience, and consistency is needed...oh and relaxing in the process.