No idea what to do

Options
aqua172
aqua172 Posts: 11 Member
I know strength training is important, but I really do not know where to start! Here is what I have done so far: I bought a pull up bar, and have gone from barely being able to do one pull up to being able to do 6 :) I bought two 10lb dumb bells and kind wing it with them. I do lots of squats now (Butt Bible DVD) (are squats even strength training???) Anyways, what exercises did you do to start strength training? I don't really know what to do.

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Check out bodybuilding.com for plans. It has info on Stronglifts 5x5 and other plans. Also instructions on how to do hundreds of exercises. A lot of people like NROLW (New Rule On Lifting, Women).
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with this myself!! I just bought Mark Rippetoe's "starting strength" and its very confusing for me. But I did go to bodybuilding.com and search through the plans and will be starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. She shows you how to do each exercise. I think it's really helpful for newbies like me!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with this myself!! I just bought Mark Rippetoe's "starting strength" and its very confusing for me. But I did go to bodybuilding.com and search through the plans and will be starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. She shows you how to do each exercise. I think it's really helpful for newbies like me!

So glad you like the site too!