new training programme!!

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
well, it's new for me!
i've been a bit lost since the marathon 3 1/2 weeks ago, and have struggled to do any running. and i worked out that it's because i'm so used to having a training plan that i lost the plot when i didn't have one.

so, for the next 3 months i cycle through the last 4 weeks of hal higdons half marathon training (but swapping out a run for a bike to keep things interesting). then i move back onto my 12 week marathon programme (marathonrookie).

it feels good to have a proper plan in place.

but am i going to have to have training plans forever? will i ever just be able to enjoy going for a run?

anyway, it feels good to get back on track and i had to share.

Replies

• FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've been doing whatever i feel like since the marathon as well, i know a lot of runners who have competed in the last month that are barely doing any either. Im also useless at just doing unstructured running! In between my last half, and my full, i did Hal Higdons Spring training. Its lighter than a marathon plan and good for working on your speed
  • El_Rapido
    El_Rapido Posts: 136
    Options
    Its 3 weeks since my marathon but I've got another in October.

Fortunately for me, my running club has a full program of races over various terrains, profiles and distances through the summer months to keep me focused so I should be able to stay "topped up" until I restart my long runs around mid August.

I also want to focus on getting PB's over the shorter distances of 5k, 5 miles and 10k. One of the great things about our sport is that there is always something to aim for!
  • MrS1965
    MrS1965 Posts: 16
    Options
    Last race was February 50 Miler.

I tend to have a plan which is normally around 12 weeks for a marathon to take place at the end and if I don't fancy any particular race around that time, I will just carry on it keeps me structured throughout the year - Fortunately this year I have planned a 10k this weekend, Half mid June, 100k Mid July, Marathon September and 100k October (if I'm still walking lol)