Can I Eat back my exercise cals?

Options
Angellore
Angellore Posts: 519 Member
I understand that you should include exercise to get your tdee cut number BUT I find that I am more inclined to exercise if I 'earn' calories from doing it. So can I take my tdee cut from sedentary (which is 2000 cals for me) and then add and eat back exercise on top? I use a HRM to get my cals burnt so it should be pretty accurate. My bmr is currently 1991 (numbers worked out from scooby).

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The reason why we suggest using the appropriate activity level is to get people used to eating and being consistent. We want our bodies to trust that it will get food, so it will release the fat, so it doesn't think it is yet another binge cycle.

It is all in the numbers, if you use the correct activity level and subtract 15% you will lose the weight. For me, it was just so much easier to think of just one amount to eat every day then figuring out how much more to eat today. I can plan my meals so my macros are not all over the place because I have to adjust later after my workout.

Again, it is a personal choice and in theory it should work...the key in whatever you do is be consistent with it. So do what is most comfy for you.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I think I will count it for now and see how I go or I fear I may get lazy.