I'm Very Pretty

Options
AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
So, yesterday I get a random message from a guy on MFP. "you are very pretty!!!"

I message him back, "You do know I'm a guy, right?"

His response, "LOL WELL YOU WIFE IS VERY PRETTY LOL HAHA"

No wonder women hate men.

Replies

• Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    You would not believe some of the stuff that comes in my message box on here. For reals.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's no wonder most women just automatically assume we are all d-bags.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think he was just covering his *kitten* and really thought you were the pretty one. lol

This is exactly why I don't post any pictures of my progress that aren't fully clothed.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's no wonder most women just automatically assume we are all d-bags.

Your right Roadie - Back to the original post, the guy that emailed him knew/assumed the the gal was married and still tried to hit on her. It's guys like that that make it so much more difficult for us good guys to even get a foot in the door.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am kind of depressed that I don't get the creepy messages. Maybe I need a blonde wig.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    I am kind of depressed that I don't get the creepy messages. Maybe I need a blonde wig.

Don't worry, I don't either. :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same! I'm thinking blonde curls.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have gotten messages on here that have literally made me nauseous. I don't think it's representative of most men, certainly not the ones in this group, but it is ridiculous what some guys think is appealing to a woman.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Take a picture with a guy and I'll send you a message saying your husband is very pretty. :noway:
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    I have gotten messages on here that have literally made me nauseous. I don't think it's representative of most men, certainly not the ones in this group, but it is ridiculous what some guys think is appealing to a woman.

For sure! I put one day that I burnt my tongue on my lunch .. and I literally got 6 messages from men within like 3 minutes with the nastiest messages.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    hahah thanks to the lurker that sent me a message.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options

If women hate men so much how come these ladies on this board go bananas every time they meet one?!

Can we stop perpetuating the myth that all men are scum and women are angels......especially guys doing it. Suckups.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    At least he thought you were a female. I've gotten some and the guy knew I was a dude. I was like whooa buddy wrong playing field.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

If women hate men so much how come these ladies on this board go bananas every time they meet one?!

Can we stop perpetuating the myth that all men are scum and women are angels......especially guys doing it. Suckups.

I agree that the bashing gets on my nerves at times, but here is a guy who sends a message based on nothing but a picture. I was obviously in a relationship with her. And had he taken five seconds to look at my profile, he'd have realized I'm a 46 year old man and not the woman he thought he was messaging.

Add to that, this isn't a dating site. So, he's trolling for women on a diet and health site. He seems to think complementing her looks would get her.

Every bad guy negates ten good guys.
  • Steelheart7
    Options

Because we are so excited to actually have met a NICE one. pfft.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options

No. What negates 10 goods guys is the stereo type that guys in general are scumbags and always trying to sleep with women (well actually this is true) and these women having so many insecurities and walls up that when they meet a good guy they dont know how to reciprocate. Lucky for you OP your lady didn't fall for the male bashing. #guycode
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Really true. And it makes it harder for the decent guys. That's part of why dating has gotten so complex over time. Every negative experience has a woman has with a man makes it harder for the decent guys. Likewise, because guys have often been mistreated by women, there are negative associations there. It is a vicious cycle.
    Because we are so excited to actually have met a NICE one. pfft.

Um, no. The nice guys are the first kicked to the curb. The best guys are the ones who are confident, have backbone yet know when to be caring.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    YAY! I got my first dirty message. Thanks Jen. ;)

Some of us are looking for the nice guy who doesn't play games and isn't all about getting in the girl's pants. Sometimes guys do suck but sometimes they are great. But now with internet dating and all the bs that goes with it, it is hard to find the nice ones.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Um, no. The nice guys are the first kicked to the curb. The best guys are the ones who are confident, have backbone yet know when to be caring.

Agreed.

I don't think bad guys gave the good guys a bad name for me but like someone said, I def had (still have it) my guard up and wouldn't fall for lines guys gave. Now if your actions match up with the beautiful words you're giving me, then we're good!
    So yeah, I can understand how it'd be a little harder to break through with a woman when you're a decent guy.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Add to that, this isn't a dating site.

I'm going to have to ask for proof before I believe this.