Need Advice

Options
Kalebsmommy424
Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
So recently ..about 5 weeks ago I started my weight loss journey..so far Im down 11 pounds and have been really strict with not eating any sugar or salt..mostly lean chicken and veggies and sweet potatos! Yum!!! anyway this Saturday is my best friends birthday so she wants to have a girls day..she wants to go see a movie ..go eat and go bowling as well as drinking..now I havent been a big drinker for a couple years(since I had my son..my tolerance for alcohol just vanished!) but this Saturday I want to let lose and not count calories all day I just wanna have a good time. How can I do that..because when I step on the scale on Monday I will be so depressed. I do believe in everyone having a cheat day or meal.. once a week. I havent had one in 5 weeks..I want one!..lol my thoughts is that since Im off Friday I would go to the gym in the morning and that night and also on that Saturday morning..Eat some cheerios and skim milk and nothing else until we go out?? is that a good tactic?? I am still trying to find the best calories for me..MFP says I should eat 1770 calories a day and because I never get to excercise (sedentary) I cut that to about 13-1400 and about 80oz of water is this wrong?..Im sorry I know Im asking alot of different questions but I think I should have lost more then 11bls in 5 weeks and want to make sure Im not doing anything wrong..I just want to have a great time this weekend ..please help!

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I am going to be in same boat. Group of us going out for dinner, drinks, and dancing. I'm throwing everything out and just going to have fun.

Just go have fun, and chalk it up as a "cheat" day. If you are going to drink at all, Monday will be a disappointment. I have always found that alcohol dehydrates me and i tend to hold on to water for a few days afterwards. If I were you, I'd be skipping this Monday's weigh in, having fun and get back with the program on Sunday :)

(and you don't have to eat candy at movie theater, drink diet coke/alcohol drinks if you can stand it, or only drink one or two mixed, bowling burns calories, and try to order a lean meat/healthy dinner).

Report back, I'm interested to see how you do :) I think you will do fantastic!!!