30's Daily - 5/22

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi gang, hope everybody's ok and congrats to Shorty for clocking up a century of logins. Lovely sunny day here in the UK and I've had a busy day at work. Managed to spend the day outside for a change and really enjoyed the sunshine.
    Gym tonight for the first strength session of the week. Going to up the cardio at the gym as i feel full of energy at the moment. I'm still having focus and mental issues. I find myself looking in the mirror every morning after i've woken up and being relieved that i haven't gone back to how i was. I still do not see myself as thin and healthy. I'm my head my clothing is just getting bigger and i'm staying the same. It's nonsense i know and i really wish i could settle my mind sometimes.
    B'ah stupid brain. I stopped killing you with junk food and this is how you pay me back. Right i'm off back to work. The sun is shining and i'm keen to get out there and make the most of it.

Have a good day everyone.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Paul - it's a mental shift for sure. Have you been taking pictures? Those are the 'proof' so to speak.

As for me, I think clothing sizing is stupid :tongue: I can now fit into all my size 8 pants, but not ONE of my size 8 shorts fits. Huh? How does that work? Which means another summer of creative dressing, because I refuse to buy bigger, lol.

It's supposed to rain all week, but the long weekend is looking promising weather wise. :happy:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Paul - it's a mental shift for sure. Have you been taking pictures? Those are the 'proof' so to speak.

As for me, I think clothing sizing is stupid :tongue: I can now fit into all my size 8 pants, but not ONE of my size 8 shorts fits. Huh? How does that work? Which means another summer of creative dressing, because I refuse to buy bigger, lol.

It's supposed to rain all week, but the long weekend is looking promising weather wise. :happy:

I think the mental side of things for me hasn't caught up with the changes I've gone through.
    I still hate having my photograph taken I'm afraid. I'm seeking therapy about it so i can get through my wedding. I want photos i can look at and be proud. Plus my fiance deserves a lovely wedding and the pictures to remember it by. There were photos taken during my stag weekend and yes i look at them and clearly i look totally different. I know I've lost weight i just wish i could get my head around it all.
    I'm totally with you on the clothes sizing thing. Can we not just have some sort of universal system that would make it safe to go from store to store, buy the same size of clothes and then actually have them fit. And god don't get me started on shoe sizes!
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Summer is a love/hate relationship for me because of shorts! I hate how most of the shorts are too short, even for regular women's sizes, and bermuda shorts look horrible on me. Last year I had a hard time finding shorts at JC Penny's, Kohls, etc, that I almost gave up. I decided to see what Bass Pro shop had since I had bought pants there over the winter and their shorts not only fit but were just the right length. The only problem is that my butt looks flat. Oh well, I guess I can't have everything. I don't even believe that once I loose the other 20 pounds I will love shorts then. I think that shorts are my enemy no matter what. I'm also at the point where I'm trying to dress nicer but most nice summer tops that I find are either too tight in the stomach or too big on top when I try to go up a size to fit my stomach. Does it seem to everyone else that women's summer clothes are all tight, short, and show all of your wobbly bits? I guess I feel more comfortable in winter clothes because it's easier to cover up the places you hate. Even the show "What Not To Wear" doesn't even cover the topic of shorts...at least not that I've seen.

Anyway, I'm off that soap box for now. Today I'm grooming at least one of my dogs and then off to work this afternoon. Hope you all have a good day!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Shorts - clothing sizes in general . . . glad it's not just me. Since I've been heavier I've become quite a fan of capri pants. That's what I wear when I workout too.

Get this . . . I can't fit into a pair of Old Navy shorts I got last summer, but I just got a new pair of capris from Old Navy in the EXACT same size that fit perfectly. WTH?
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I'm new here, Debbie/shorty suggested I join since I'm looking for support too. I'll post an official intro in the other thread, but just wanted to say that this is EXACTLY my situation! I was trying on all my shorts this weekend since it was so hot, and although I can wear my size 10 pants, none of the 10 shorts fit! Nor the 12s! I've had 3 babies so I guess I'm just now shaped the same as I used to. :)
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all in about the same boat with clothes sizing frustration. I also detest most shorts. For me, it's mostly because I have a stupidly short torso (no joke - my husband is 5 inches taller than me and we wear exactly the same length pants). So women's shorts with a "normal"/mid-rise dig into my ribcage, and the low-rise types are usually way too short. Additionally, all of my size 10 jeans fit awesomely, some are even getting a little loose, but I apparently have to buy size 12 shorts if I want to be able to pull them up all the way AND zip them. Kind of makes clothes shopping a bit depressing.

I deal by wearing tennis skirts for most of the summer. Granted, I'm off work, so I can wear pretty much whatever (as evidenced by the Gap sweat pants I'm wearing now...), but some tennis skirts actually look reasonably presentable enough to wear in public, and they have shorts underneath, so I don't have to worry about flashing anyone if it's windy out :embarassed: Anyway, my "style" is pretty sporty, so tennis skirts are sort of on the "dressier" end of that, right? :bigsmile:
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Argh! It is 12:44 and I just logged in so I think I technically missed today.

Blast!!!

SG