1st mini challenge!! 2 weeks of a little everyday!

Options
holly3585
holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
Alright everyone! I started yesterday, so lets see if we can start a little group challenge. I already have a pretty good workout routine, but it has become that- a routine- so I am adding in 100 jumping jacks and 30 crunches EVERY EVENING for the rest of the month! Let's so this! I completed them last night- which actually really did sway me from snacking! Anyone who would like to commit to this lil' ol' challenge in addition to their regular routine...Let's do it!

Day 1# 100 jumping jacks, 30 crunches (20 bonus bike crunches *elbow to opposite knee)
**No Late night snacking!!**

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Alright everyone! I started yesterday, so lets see if we can start a little group challenge. I already have a pretty good workout routine, but it has become that- a routine- so I am adding in 100 jumping jacks and 30 crunches EVERY EVENING for the rest of the month! Let's so this! I completed them last night- which actually really did sway me from snacking! Anyone who would like to commit to this lil' ol' challenge in addition to their regular routine...Let's do it!

Day 1# 100 jumping jacks, 30 crunches (20 bonus bike crunches *elbow to opposite knee)
    **No Late night snacking!!**

I am currently doing Power90, so I can't really do any extra exercising cause I wanna stick to the program, but I def sometimes do snack late at night, so I will cut that out for sure :)
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I would caution against doing crunches everyday....stomach muscles neeed two full days of rest
  • holly3585
    Options
    I would caution against doing crunches everyday....stomach muscles neeed two full days of rest

What if you focused on diff. areas each day?? i.e. side crunches, leg lifts, the traditional?
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    All the studies still show 2 days of rest...the stomach is fhe hardest muscle...also u can do more with dieting than exercising to improve if ur someone who is already in shale like urself
  • holly3585
    Options
    I got off work- picked up daughter, hooked her up with afterschool snacks, then almost started in on her plate. Granted my daughter almost eats healthier than I do, but IT WAS NOT MY DINNER TIME and I WAS NOT HUNGRY. Instead I logged on, viewed this group, and started jumping :~) Last night I did 100 jump jacks in 2 minutes, 125 today! It feels soooo good. Not to much, light sweat, gets the blood flowing, and my mind off of food! This tiny little commitment I made to myself is already really working for me.....might start a 9pm yoga sesh everynihight just befor bed. Holy moly I might actually be getting my boredome eating/late night snacking under control!! :love: **fingers crossed**
  • hlawry83
    hlawry83 Posts: 12
    Options
    Going to start this tonight!