Just starting out!

Options
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let the whole world know that I am here and need people to keep me on track! I decided I was going to run a half marathon in either late August or early September this year even thought the furthest distance I ever ran was 5 miles back in my freshman year of college. Since then I've run one 5k but that is it and then I just stopped running all together b/c that was my goal and I stopped. This time I made a bigger goal and don't plan on stopping.

Replies

• Littlesmile
    Littlesmile Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi..
    i am also new to group. just ran my first ever 10k on sunday and now aiming for half marathon in oct . so will b gald to have all advice and support...
    add me as friend...

tk cr
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm running my first half in September. I'm pretty new to running, but looking forward to that finisher's medal! Feel free to add me - I'm looking for running friends!
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I signed up yesterday for my first half & will start my training after this weekend. Sooo nervous since I have only run a few 5Ks & a Warrior Dash but I'm ready (i think-lol) to take on the challenge.
  • brooke155
    brooke155 Posts: 3
    Options
    It seems like we will all be running our first at about the same time of year. What training plans are you using? I just looked around online at sample plans since I cant afford to actually buy one. I figure I would run, for example, 3 miles until i can get it somewhere around a 12-12:30 minute mile pace then add on a half mile. Once I get the 3.5 to around the same mile pace then add on another half mile and so on. I would also have a long run every other week where I just add 2 miles to my previous long run, or furthest distance ran if I manage to surpass my long run distance which I doubt I will. My goal for the long runs will be to just finish them even if I walk a bunch so that I can get used to the distance. I plan on running my first half marathon in walk/run intervals anyway. I'm not really concerned with how much running I do or how fast I finish. My goal is basically just to be able to finish before they stop the timer even if I am the last one through the line.