Weight up after week 2?

Options
bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
So the first week I was up 5lbs. Now on my second week of EM2WL and I am up another 2. Anyone else experience a constant increase in weight? The reason I weighed is because I looked smaller (again) and I wanted to confirm this.

SOOOO weird ;)

Replies

• ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself a few days ago and it said I was the same weight as I was when I weighed two weeks ago. My clothes are all fitting differently and as you saw in pictures, I look smaller.

I found a picture yesterday and now I can't find it, but it was of a chubby girl who weighed 143 pounds and an after photo of her at 148 and she was skinny and ripped. So my guess is, that even though you are up, it's basically because your muscles are bigger. Which is never a bad thing :)

But I am definitely no expert.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    take your measurements...weight might go up even while inches go down. :)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller inches wise. That's why this is weird to me. Just curious is anyone else experiences a steady jump continually.
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down 2-3 lbs for the past 3 weeks, I am now 1lb over my start weight. Not going to lie it bothers me! I am planning to measure myself again on Friday, so far no change in the measurements either. I am told this works. I am being very patient but I am also starting to feel a little worried!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down 2-3 lbs for the past 3 weeks, I am now 1lb over my start weight. Not going to lie it bothers me! I am planning to measure myself again on Friday, so far no change in the measurements either. I am told this works. I am being very patient but I am also starting to feel a little worried!

You should start your own thread to see if someone has some suggestions for you! Did you take your measurements? It is still early but I understand why it would be bothering you.

I was down 3 pounds last week but now I am back up 1.5 of those. BUT because I took measurements I know that overall I am down.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller inches wise. That's why this is weird to me. Just curious is anyone else experiences a steady jump continually.

I'm avoiding the scale like the plague~ I don't want to know what that biased piece of crap says anymore!!:angry:

Well now, that being said, it's the inches you should be focussing on and you are getting some great results from what you're saying.

You are losing INCHES because you are GAINING MUSCLE & WEIGHT and LOSING FAT.:flowerforyou:

MUSCLE weighs MORE than FAT but it is SMALLER IN SIZE. (volume, know what I mean?) A pound of MUSCLE is SMALLER (in size) than a pound of FAT. (and yes I KNOW they both weigh a pound)

You're doing great~ don't change a thing~ well, except to STAY OFF THE SCALE:blushing:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

You should start your own thread to see if someone has some suggestions for you! Did you take your measurements? It is still early but I understand why it would be bothering you.

I was down 3 pounds last week but now I am back up 1.5 of those. BUT because I took measurements I know that overall I am down.

That's my girl:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: