low carb high protein suggestions

Options
jbella99
jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
Okay so i think I have the calories down now. I feel like i eat a ton of food everyday however, I need to work on the amount of carbs I eat. Does anyone have any suggestions for snacks that are lower in carbs but higher in protein. I would prefer to use my carbs for my actual meals rather than my snacks. I eat oatmeal for breakfast like clockwork. I have added eggs and toast. Lunch is usually something I have made and frozen previously, usually like a homemade tv dinner. Dinner is some sort of protein, veggies and brown rice or a salad.

I love popcorn, and fruit but both are high carbs, Any suggestions would be great. I do eat greek yogurt for snacks and cheese strings.

Replies

• ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I make Pumpkin Protein Muffins (3 g fat, 8 g carb, 19 g protein) or Banana Nut Protein muffins (3.5 g fat, 12g carb, and 17 g protein) and they taste like real muffins! Search the boards for pumpkin and it should come up. I also eat tuna with a little mayo on crackers, greek yogurt, peanut butter on apples, sunny cranberry trail mix (Archer Farms/Target), and beef jerky. I do drink a protein shake (Jay Robb egg white protein, vanilla flavor is the only one I've been able to stand) as well and then protein at both lunch and dinner. This seems to get me close the 130 g of protein a day I aim for.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    almonds
    hard boiled eggs
    any meat

Currently I have been snacking on turkey pepperoni.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies gonna make some protein muffins to shove in my gym bag that's an awesome idea for a preworkout snack.

My favorite protein shake
    Chocolate protein powder
    1 cup dark chcolate almond milk
    1 capful mint extract
    1 tbsp flax seed
    1 tbsp glutamine
    about 6 ice cubes

so yummy like a mint chocolate milkshake