Thanks to whomever mentioned "pure wraps"

Options
jingoace
jingoace Posts: 219 Member
Hey,
Thank you to whomever it was here, that mentioned "pure wraps" - a paleo alternative to tortillas.
I ordered a couple packs last week & they arrived yesterday. They are coconut meat, coconut milk,
himalayan salt & nothing else!

Kinda taste a bit "fruity" (like a fruit roll-up from when we were kiddos?), but definitely gives me a
great alternative for a wrap or a burrito, when I want! I put grilled chicken & lettuce shreds in a wrap
last nite for dinner & enjoyed every last bite!

:) J

Replies

• tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about those but haven't tried yet. Good to know about the fruity taste.
    I saw a recipe for making your own using a dehydrator but I haven't gotten ambitious enough to try it.

http://girlgoneraw.com/recipes/files/129dd28792332e6e97cd0dd6c1ef78ef-61.html
  • NeeNeeB
    NeeNeeB Posts: 3
    Options
    I was just looking at them online. Has anyone tried the curry flavor?
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!
    How have I not heard of these sooner? I have been wanting a paleo tortilla for forever and especially lately!! Where can I find these??
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    O my - I have got to find me some dehydrator sheets! Can't wait to try.
  • jingoace
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!
    How have I not heard of these sooner? I have been wanting a paleo tortilla for forever and especially lately!! Where can I find these??

http://improveat.com/whatoffer.php

They have plain & curry flavored. I have not yet tried the curry.
    Love, love, love being able to have "something" that looks like a wrap to make a burrito or veggie wrap with!
    They work for me so far.

• PALEOMOM3
    PALEOMOM3 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just ordered the original and curry flavor...Can't wait to get them! We're going on a road trip soon so these will be perfect for on-the-go sammies!
  • jingoace
    Options
    I tried the curry flavor - but it doesn't taste like curry to me. I am NOT a fan of curry anyways, so it is fine with me. But, if you wee really hoping for a taste senstation - the curry flavored "pure wraps" don't have much.

I did just order another few packs of the regular flavor "pure wraps" - they are making my lunchtime's MUCH easier!

Two Thumbs UP, imho!
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I often make 'crepe's' with coconut flour. I put the crepe in brackets as it's not really a crepe because the coconut flour mix is too thick to make them thin enough but they come out more like a wrap and are delicious. Weekend lunches usually consist of one with some local farm pepperoni and mozza cheese. Super delicious!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have been making the coconut flour crepe/tortilla as well. I used the recipe from Paleo Comfort foods. Now that Ive figured out how to make them thin enough instead of pancake thick..lol I use one these wraps and put steak strips and green peppers and voil'a 'steak tacos'. Im interested in the pure wraps though... will need to check those out.