Ok Im gonna up my cals, but mfp estimates lower loss?

Options
rima933
rima933 Posts: 151 Member
Ok so my tdee is 2530, and my bmr is 1632. So i decided that im gonna up my calories from 1200 and now it will be 1800. So i clicked custom goals, and i manually made it to be 1800 calories. but when i hit done it says my weight loss is only 0.7 pounds a week. so huh??? is mfp right?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    They might be right but MFP said I would lose .7 per week as well and I have lost 1 lb per week. When I was eating 1200 and it said I would lose 2 lbs per week I lost an average of about 1 pound per week. So I am actually losing the same amount now that I am eating more. Only I had a plateaued on 1200.
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hmm, thats very interesting, because mfp estimates a 2 pound loss for me a week. and it hasnt been like that at all. (alot less). Well i will try the upping calories thing and we'll see how that goes. thanks for the reply.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hmm, thats very interesting, because mfp estimates a 2 pound loss for me a week. and it hasnt been like that at all. (alot less). Well i will try the upping calories thing and we'll see how that goes. thanks for the reply.

No problem! Good luck!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The real excitement comes if you are one of those people who closes their diary and MFP says you are going to gain weight!!! That's a real doozy to wrap your brain around and ignore! :) Yes...you just ignore it if that happens.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yup, mine tells me I'm going to gain at 1750 calories. We'll see! My math tells me I'm going to lose at the same rate as before 0.5 lb/week, but get to eat more! :tongue: