Plateau

Options
beckyme21
beckyme21 Posts: 29 Member
Tue 05/22/12 12:22 AM
Hello

I am beginning to loose my mind! After loosing 2 pounds pretty much per week from feb until may I was really happy and motivated! 33 pounds down with only around 17 more to go until gw.

BUT for the last 2.5 weeks my weight has been lingering at 185-182 and won't move!

I am eating 1000-1200 per day and hitting the gym for 60 mins per day so the resistance is really knocking my motivation. The strange thing is more people have commented on my weight loss this week than at any other time and I haven't bloody lost any!!

Advice please!!! Only have 5 weeks to holiday and am so desperate to get to 175 :-(

Replies

• soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My mentor told me to be sure you are also measuring and taking pictures instead of just using the scale because sometimes the scale quit moving but your body is getting smaller. For example she said when she was 175 she was a size 14 and she started working out toning up and hitting weights and she was 174 and a size 6. Scale didn't move hardly at all but her body changed majorly.
  • MsTae84
    MsTae84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You may not be losing because your body is toning and you are slimming in other ways instead of losing weight.
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Stalls are pretty common. I suggest upping your calories one day (healthy choices) and switching up your usual cardio. Also for women during our menstrual cycles we tend to hold on to water for a few days.

But try not to let it discourage you. (I know easier said then done). You said it yourself that people are noticing. You could be losing inches and/or gaining muscle which decreases your size but won't reflect that on the scale.

Don't be so hard on yourself and keep on trucking! You'll see a change soon just give it some time. Also make sure you are drinking at LEAST 8 glasses of water. And by the way Congrats on your loss so far! Great job! :)
  • beckyme21
    beckyme21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the fab advice and support! I lost 2 pounds so am happy! Thinking about upping calories by 50 a day once a week for a few weeks as I think I need to start eating a bit more again now :-)