P90x--what size dumbells??

Options
natvanessa
natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
I'm about to order P90x (I'm finishing up Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and getting ready to start something new).

I have done a bunch of research online but I can't find any info on how heavy of weights I should get. I currently have only 3, 5, and 8s. I'm pretty sure those will be too light, although they were fine with the Body Rev program.

I'm still fairly new to lifting, so I don't want to go too heavy, but is there anyone who's done P90x and can give me an idea of the weights I should have?

Thanks!

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Honestly it all depends on you. You want something heavy enough that you reach fatigue by the end of the set. When I first started lifting I started with 3,5,8 lb dumbbells. Now I lift pretty heavy.
  • azrose81
    azrose81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would get 5, 10, and 15 to start. When I started I did 10 lbs but now I am up to 15 lbs. anything lighter than 10 would be super light for me. Good luck!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have 5/8/10. I needed the 5 for triceps. As I got stronger I just held the 10 and 5 or 10 and 8 together.

Now I can easily do triceps with 8 or 10 pounds depending on number of reps.