Ground turkey recipes???

Options
TiffyChick
TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
I would looooove some easy recipes that I could use ground turkey in. Looking for healthy and filling (and not too complex to make). So what are your favorite recipes for ground turkey? : )

Replies

• Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com

a good one is the actually delicious turkey burgers, very nice...

I also do meatballs with them too :))
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has awesome turkey recipes! I made turkey taco lettuce wraps, turkey meatballs and turkey chili from there, all delicious! I just usually have 2 servings to get enough cals for my meals lol:)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    One of my favs is browning it with whatever veggies I have in the fridge that need to be used up then stuffing it in a red bell pepper then baking it at 350 for about 20 min or so. Season with whatever, I like coconut aminos which is like soy sauce but I also love hoisin sauce. Soy Vay hoisin garlic is my favorite!

Sometimes I'll add a grain, wheatberries are the best!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I like to make Turkey Meatballs in onion gravy...you put about 2 cups of chopped onions in the non stick pot or skillet with about 2 tablespoons of canola oil...let the onion cook until they start to brown. Add meatballs and cook till meatballs are browned and cooked on all sides and serve with rice if you like or just the meatballs and onions. I made it Sunday and served it with sweet peas, sometimes baby lima beans. All I do for the meatballs is season with pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayene pepper and season all, about 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I made my own by putting some wheat bread in the food processor and I keep it in a ziplock bag in the freezer) I make about 9 nice sized meatballs with 1 pound of turkey. 3 for me and 6 for the hubby. Its about 250 calories for my serving. Hubbys says its so good it doesn't taste diet. The onions carmelize and are sweet..Yummy!

Another favorite is ground turkey and tomato gravy. Brown a cup of chopped onions in a tablespoon of canola oil, When the onions are soft and browning, put the ground turkey in, Brown the turkey meat, then add I can of petite diced tomatoes and i can of tomato sauce ( i use the no sodium added tomatoes and sauce) Season to taste...all the spices you like. I put 1 teaspoon of sugar to cut the acid (you don't have to) you could even use Rotel if you like it spicy and not concerned with the sodium. Doesn't take long just cook it about 20-30 minutes. You can add chili powder to it if you like for a chili taste and add beans too... so easy and tasty. We eat it with no yolk noodles or brown rice angel hair pasta.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love using lean ground turkey, just make sure that it is actually LEAN! Sometimes ground turkey can actually be higher in fat than ground beef... No good. lol :smile:

Grill a patty and make an egg, cheese and turkey sandwich for breakfast.

Scramble some ground turkey in eggs and veggies (or make in a omelet)

Eat a cold ground turkey sandwich or salad with tons of veggies

Mix 4 oz of ground turkey with diced tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms. Grill for a SUPER BIG turkey burger. Serve in lettuce wrap or whole wheat bun.

Supper ideas:

Make goulash: cooked whole wheat macaroni noodles, onions, peppers, mushrooms, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce sauteed in a pan. Add pan-cooked ground turkey crumbles. Top with low fat shredded mozzarella cheese, fat free sour cream and salt/onion powder/garlic powder/pepper as desired.

Make chili: 1 large can tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, drained (low sodium) black beans, ground turkey (cooked) and 1 packet mild low sodium chili seasoning.

Replace ground beef in meat loafs with ground turkey, the eggs with egg beaters, tomato puree for ketchup. Add oatmeal and applesauce for texture. Diced onions taste great too!
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! These all look so good! I can't wait to try them out. I recently made ground turkey baked burritos and they were sooooooo delicious - my hubby said they tasted better than our local burrito joint. Now I'm anxious to try lots of recipes using ground turkey! :happy: