New and Need Friends for Support

Options
camperchick64
camperchick64 Posts: 146 Member
I have been researching and decided to start the 17 day diet on Monday - oops I mean Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. I've been trying to lose the way I used to which is just drop some calories, exercise a bit more and it came off. Not so easy now - lol. I've always done better if I have a guideline to follow and this seems like something I could do.

Any suggestions or tips would be great!

Replies

• Jennifer23
    Jennifer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on C1D6. A few things I've learned in the last week is monitor your calories for a few days to make sure you're getting a minimum of 1200. I felt stuffed -- but didn't realize 'til Day 3 that I was barely getting in 700 calories (if that!). No wonder the scale wasn't budging. I managed to up my calorie deficit by 300 on Day 4 and lost 2.9 lbs the following day -- so don't be afraid to eat lots of protein and veggies! The other thing I've learned -- protein powder is my best friend. It helps me get in my calories and goes great with greek yogurt and in smoothies. Good luck! ;-)
  • camperchick64
    Options
    Thanks! I was just wondering about substituting whey for the kifir - but should I do both? I will track my calories as I plan on planning my meals ahead so that I know when I need to make something extra for my hubby. He won't do fish and he needs foods that can be left over and taken for lunch the next day. I told him I would make him anything excpet for mexican and pizza - the two things I cannot resist - lol.
  • Jennifer23
    Options
    LOL! Completely understand. There are a lot of people who use both the kefir and the whey, depending on what they're using it in -- just whatever works for you. Personally, I've never come across kefir in our store, so I've never used it. I will be going to our local drug/health food store sometime today, though, and will keep an eye out because I'm curious about it.
  • Jennifer23
    Options
    Oh -- and here's a wonderful website with scrumptious recipes for any cycle. Might have to copy and paste:

http://17ddgal.blogspot.com/search/label/C1
  • camperchick64
    Options
    Thanks ! I will check it out.
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Something to remember when weighing yourself: What you ate 2-3 days ago is what your scale reflects today. It takes that long for your body to process what you've put into it, convert the energy, build muscle (or fat), etc.

Also when your weight DOES go up (and it will at some point), remember that it's most likely due to building muscle and having less fat reserves. Muscle, inch-for-inch, weighs more than fat, but is a lot more compact so you will look better.
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In addition to the Cycle 1 recipe link on the 17DDGal blog above (that's me, by the way), there's also links to Cycle 1 recipes on TheDoctorsTV site on the blog -- alphabetized for finding things easier. Here's the link:

http://17ddgal.blogspot.com/2011/11/recipe-links-thedoctorstv-website-c1.html

There's a LOT of great recipes there -- know your ingredients, tho, as on TheDoctorsTV website, there *are* some that are classified C1 but are C2 or C3 (not very many, tho).