Just need to double check...

Options
Evening! Can someone just check this and advise me as I'm still a newbee
My TDEE is about 2068
My goal is 1850 as I'm going for a slow 10% cut
I burnt 820kcal hard workout (in addition to lots of walking I didn't add)
But I was super hungry so ate about 2250 which leaves my net as 1650 ish
Will this still give me a long term loss? I'm happy with weight coming off slow as long as heading in the right direction.

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbee!!

It's hard to answer your question without knowing your BMR. On a daily basis, you should at least net your BMR. Is your BMR higher than 1650? If so, you may want to eat more.

Also, are you using a heart rate monitor? I ask because the exercise calories here on MFP are often wrong (sometimes too high sometimes too low).

Finally, what activity level did you use to set your TDEE? I made a mistake early on and used sedentary activity level and then ate my exercise calories. With that method, my daily intake when up and down like a crazy. I had to be more consistent and use a moderate activity level to level out my calories.
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    Hi there :)
    My BMR is about 1350 and I set my activity level at moderate. I do a fair bit of brisk walking for work daily as I walk between appointments which I don't track but I've been adding in gym and netball to my diary as cardio and did an extra long workout today
    cos I wanted to eat more! No HR monitor I'm afraid.

Thank you xx
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Since your net (1650) is over your BMR (1350), you should be fine.

But, please consider getting a heart rate monitor. You can probably find some cheap ones on ebay or amazon. It will really help you keep track of your activity. Make sure you get one that has a chest strap.

And finally, listen to your body. If it wants to eat, feed it.

Hope that helps.
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    Thank you! Will have a look for a monitor too. Best wishes Cat