Afternoon all, UK newby here

Options
goldengirl28
goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
i've been reading up on this all teh post and youtube clips for a few days now and as of yesterday i upped my calories inline with F2F recommendations

TDEE - 2424
BMR - 1652
Need to eat - 1853 (includes light exercise) as hurt my knee so taking it easy for 2 weeks or so

Hope i've got that right,

my weight has been static for about 3 years and i've not tried to lose it really, i joined MFP properly on 1st May and started at 1360 and lost nothing for 2+weeks (other than the 4lbs i always play about with when i cut down a bit and drink more water)

So i'm desperately hoping that this works

Any advise you have is appreciated as i'm scared as anything that this won't work.

thanks for setting up such a great group :)

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My best advice- relax. :D

It's so easy to get so uptight about all this eating business. Wish I'd relaxed more and enjoyed the journey.

Three years? Your dedication is amazing and that will absolutely pay off for you. Welcome!!
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    Thanks Gemiwing, just trying to focus on getting all the food eaten today :)

Just need to figure out how to change my macros now :(
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm English but moved to the States when I was 6. I have lost my rockin' accent and I miss real Cadbury chocolate! :-P

Welcome! Find some higher cal foods so you don't feel super stuffed and enjoy. I'm new to this too!
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    Thanks Grays mom,

Thanks for the tip, i added some grated cheese to my salmon at tea time and have even figured out how to do my custom goals. RESULT

i'm giong to have a whole bagel tomorow for breakfast, that will help start the day of right LOL

i'm excited but really anxious at the same time.

I'll send you some cabdurys if you want....................we always have loads of choclate in the house, but i'm not tempted as i'm a pasties/pie type of person me .............savories all the way :)

and good luck on your journey :)