Replies

• Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a promise!!!:wink:
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Ohoooooo, tomorrow's the day of truth... I hope something has happened!! At least I feel like! New photo goes up first thing tomorrow morning and I will take measurements for the first time. Let me know how you guys are doing.
    BTW: how are your MFP settings? I have a ratio of protein/fat/carbs of 40/40/20 at the moment and am treating myself to more carbs once a week after my really long run.
    And at what calorie deficits are you working?? I know... I am always curious...:wink:
  • annie24342
    annie24342 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with yall on this! I've been doing a ton of ab exercises and cardio, so I can feel my abs underneath my fat lol. So my new plan (as of yesterday) has been to lose that layer of fat before my beach trip in July!!
  • briebebe
    briebebe Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm with you. My goal is to have a six pack by Christmas if not sooner. I had 2 minor set backs but I am moving forward. My stats are

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 122ish, this is a bit low for me because lack of weight training the last few weeks
    Bf%: Low 22% want to be under 20%. I'm going to do the water test on my birthday to get an accurate reading.
    Thighs are my problem area: 21inches

I train weights 3-4 times a week, heavy when possible. Cardio light, walking, daily. Pilates and tons of stretching daily. Ab work daily too. I'm looking to increase my weights by a day or so and to add high intensity cardio 2 times a week.
  • Desmonema
    Options
    So here I am as promised... Sunday morning... the scale was not nice to me: it says I have gained one lb and bodyfat. I do not really believe in those numbers at the moment... my body is changing and I can feel it. It didn't get enough cals for a much too long time. So be it and let it hold on to the stuff for a bit longer. It will let go at some point. Still it makes me a bit insecure and I am therefore happy to have some support here!
    Before I go off for my long Sunday morning run now, I'll put my measurments down quickly:
    - thighs: l 53 cm r: 53 cm
    - upper arms: l: 26 cm r: 26 cm
    - waist: 66 cm
    - hip: 87 cm
    - chest 86

Hope to hear what is going on with you guys now!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I got myself a pull-up-bar for the door... and do 10 hanging leg raises very often when I walk through that door! Try it!! It's great!!

Once a week, I do 10 sets of 10 leg raises (toe to bar). It really bloody hurts. :laugh: Takes about 3 days before that area doesn't ache!
  • Desmonema
    Options
    I got myself a pull-up-bar for the door... and do 10 hanging leg raises very often when I walk through that door! Try it!! It's great!!

Once a week, I do 10 sets of 10 leg raises (toe to bar). It really bloody hurts. :laugh: Takes about 3 days before that area doesn't ache!

Hahaha... wish I was there already!! I just get my knees up.... straight legs is still a no-go! I am working on it though.... after all I want those bloody sixpack-abs!!! :happy:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Hahaha... wish I was there already!! I just get my knees up.... straight legs is still a no-go! I am working on it though.... after all I want those bloody sixpack-abs!!! :happy:

Here's a challenge for you to try: so you bring your knees up so the thighs are horizontal? Curl your hips forwards and upwards and bring the knees up as high as your shoulders. Now where do you feel it?
  • Desmonema
    Options
    That is what I am trying to do most of the time... the guy from www.sixpackfactory actually shows it quite well and also has good workout suggestions!! Have a look if interested!!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I got my belly on pic :)

I started ripped in 30 on saturday, and am also going to do killer buns and thighs 3 days a week. see how that goes.

hope everyone is ok
    x
  • Desmonema
    Options
    wohooo the first pic!! Great to see everyone's lovely belly!!! And we will make them look even better..... yeah yeah yeah, baby!! Bring it!!!
  • lorilynnschisler
    lorilynnschisler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've got a six pack. Working on symmetry.

Weight: 118

BF: No idea
  • briebebe
    briebebe Posts: 21
    Options
    Did I miss this and you just turned 30? If so Happy Birthday!
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Did I miss this and you just turned 30? If so Happy Birthday!

No no .. you didn't miss anything... unfortunately... I'll soon leave the 30 behind already...!
  • Desmonema
    Options
    I've got a six pack. Working on symmetry.

Weight: 118

BF: No idea

Wow!! So you already have one *jealousgrin*!! Any tips or hints for us/me? What about the diet? I am wondering how much and in what ratios you ate to get there!?
    Appreciate any info!! And btw: you look gorgeous!!
  • ChandlerBrooks93
    Options
    I'm working on not only a six pack but a totally strong body... I've been a cross country runner all my life but have never seen the results that I've always shot for...right now my struggle is TOTALLY clean eating and MOTIVATION ... My newest goal is to become a morning person and start doing morning workouts so that I know I did it everyday ...I know I'd I start doing this il reach my goal ...the problem is starting!
  • ChandlerBrooks93
    Options
    My stats are 5'5" 126 lbs
  • Desmonema
    Options
    I'm working on not only a six pack but a totally strong body... I've been a cross country runner all my life but have never seen the results that I've always shot for...right now my struggle is TOTALLY clean eating and MOTIVATION ... My newest goal is to become a morning person and start doing morning workouts so that I know I did it everyday ...I know I'd I start doing this il reach my goal ...the problem is starting!

Hey!!! Great you're with us! You'll see: morning workouts DO work!! It took me a while to get there, but the key is to go to bed at a certain time always... quite early. Then you'll jump out of bed!!!
  • KrysPhillips
    Options
    Hi! I am on a similar goal as you. I am what they would consider skinny fat and I have about 26% body fat estimated. I am 5'41/2 and I weigh about 135 so I am thin but I have high body fat. I am working now to get leaned out and eat clean everyday. I want to have a very toned, defined, and chiseled body similar to that of bikini models. I stay on MFP and Bodybuilding.com alot for all my workouts, recipes, nutrition,etc... I havent been the best at my nutrition just yet because I am learning but I am trying everyday. I just got on Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit Trainer last Monday so hopefully in 12 weeks I should see some change! Patience is key!
  • ellen_v
    ellen_v Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't want a really defined six pack, tbh I want what the OP already has but I've got a way to go! I haven't been eating well/exercising enough at all the last few weeks. I've been putting it in my diary and cringing, haha. But it was my birthday 2 days ago (Dominos, nooooo, felt bloated ever since!) and I've been doing horrific veterinary exams at university the last few weeks. My last one is today, however, so once I get through this Neuropharmacology (even the word scares me) I will be well and truly back on the wagon and sorting out my abs and thighs. I'm going to Mozamabique for 3 weeks to work at a stables too, so daily horse-riding and eating fresh seafood and veggies will definitely help. I'd really like to know my BF% though, I don't trust the online calculators and I'm not a member of a gym so I can't get measured there.