I just keep getting fatter and fatter :(

Options
kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
I raised my calories around the 5th to 1800. I had a few slipups with eating out and family parties, but for the most part stayed around 1800-2000. I just kept gaining. I raised it again this week to 2000 because im nursing a toddler and should be eating an extra 200 calories.
My clothes are tighter. Clothes I could fit into last month are getting really really snug. help me!

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I raised my calories around the 5th to 1800. I had a few slipups with eating out and family parties, but for the most part stayed around 1800-2000. I just kept gaining. I raised it again this week to 2000 because im nursing a toddler and should be eating an extra 200 calories.
    My clothes are tighter. Clothes I could fit into last month are getting really really snug. help me!

You seem to be having a rough week. But you're not 3 weeks into the change. You should really tough it out until at least week 6 to see how you're doing. You diary isn't open, so I can't see the two things that I usually look for - low protein and high sodium. If you get those things under control, that may help. And don't forget to read the sticky about what to expect when increasing your calories. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience

Hope that helps.
  • kiku76
    Options
    Thank you. Its so hard to just keep seeing a gain.I do eat too much sodium and probably not enough protein. I would love to add more protein but its difficult since my son is allergic to dairy, egg white and peanuts.
    ive looked at soy proyein powders butthe ones I have seen have milk in it.
    Is there an egg substitute that doesnt contain eggs? Ive been eating oatmeal every morning and I reallu miss eggs
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think whey protein isolate does not have dairy in it or has very little lactose. Also, there's something called Pea Protein Isolate that may work.

As far as non-egg substitiutes, I'm at a loss there. Sorry.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Check out the Gluten free and natural section in the grocery stores and health food stores because they have some pretty good selections now.

Here's a egg sub, but it doesn't have any protein:

http://www.ener-g.com/egg-replacer.html

Good luck,
    Anita
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Take a look for vegan protein powders- those will be dairy and egg free for you.

Here's one that a few of my vegan buddies like-
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Basics-Protein-Chocolate-1-31-Pound/dp/B002J0PD5Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1337796097&sr=1-2

Try to be patient- this does work and it will work for you. It took me around seven weeks before I could really relax and know it was working. Hang in there!!!
  • kiku76
    Options
    I will check out all those. Thank you all so much. if I eat dairy it seems to reallyy affect him. I had pizza yesterday and he slept horribly. He woke up every one to two hours, which typically happens when I eat anything with milk
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm very, very lactose intolerant and I can digest isolate whey protein very well. I got it from GNC and the manager guarenteed to take it back if I got sick on it. There is no way I could reach my protein goal of 125 if I didn't drink it every day.
  • kiku76
    Options
    I ordered a pea protein powder from amazon. It's tasteless...not sure if that's a good thing or not. I mostly like to add it too green smoothies so I think it should be ok.
    I'm still feeling super fat but I will stick to it. on the plus side, Im doing c25k and I managed to run 5 minutes without walking today. I started out with a 11.5 min mile pace and by the end of the 2nd 5 minute interval, it was more like 13 min mile but I made it!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Can you eat meats?
  • kiku76
    Options
    I can. I mostly cook ground turkey in place of hamburger and chicken breasts. I also buy those whole rotisserie chickens from Costco and save the meat in the freezer for wraps and salads