wHAT IF i AM NOT HUNGRY?

Options
navydentalchic
navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
I don't eat all of my calories and of course, now my weight loss is at a stand still. I understand the logic behind eating more when you exercise more. I workout 2-3 times a day ( an hour at a time) 5 days a week. I Eat about 1200-1400 calories a day. I should be eating about 1800-2000. I am not sure if it is a mental block, but I am not hungry. Maybe my body is used to what I am eating? Or maybe my metabolism has slowed and is holding on to things. Do I force myself to eat more? Any advice? Thanks!

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Maybe my body is used to what I am eating? Or maybe my metabolism has slowed and is holding on to things. Do I force myself to eat more? Any advice? Thanks!

You got it right there :)

If you're not eating full-fat food then start eating it again. Go for calorie dense foods to get used to eating more. Butter, eggs, red meat (if you're a meater), nuts, full fat cheeses, peanut butter, nutella- the entire food world just went BAM! and it's open wide :D

Once your body gets the message that food is coming in reliably- your appetite will increase and eventually level out.
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    I will try that It is just hard once you are in the mentality that you have to eat less, and more low calorie foods. I will give this a go. :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You're so right- it is hard to do! I still struggle some days but at least I know I'm heading in the right direction. Just give it time, give yourself patience and you'll be right as peaknuckle sundaes
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I know, it's crazy when you jump to adding more calories in... you WILL learn to enjoy it. every time I've bumped up my calories (has happened I think 5 times on my MFP "journey") I get scared and second guess myself... the first few days I was still way in the green, then as time goes on the metabolism wakes up and you cant even IMAGINE eating under 1800!

it takes time. hit your goal a few days in a row, even if not hungry, and your body will be like OMGYES
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    it takes time. hit your goal a few days in a row, even if not hungry, and your body will be like OMGYES
    [/quote]

Thanks! I hope so. I am so close! After my son I was 218 pounds, dropped a lot after but have been trying to shake this last 20 pounds forever!
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    You're so right- it is hard to do! I still struggle some days but at least I know I'm heading in the right direction. Just give it time, give yourself patience and you'll be right as peaknuckle sundaes

Peaknuckle sundaes? lol:laugh:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right? 2-3 times a DAY for an hour?
  • navydentalchic
    Options
    Yes. :) I get up at 3am, workout for an hour. After I get off of work before I pick up my son and workout for an hour. Some days (like today!) I do the morning and afternoon workout then meet my stepdaughter for a Zumba class at 430pm. I love being active again and try to take advantage of it as much as I can. It is my alone time :)