Not sure I fit here....

tigerlily8045
tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
Hey Peeps!

After a month and 10 lbs down (1200 cal) I read about this group. I do cardio for 30-45 min 5/6 days aweek. I do no strength training yet. I am looking to lose only about 30 lbs (or drop a size or 2) I upped the caloried to 1400 this week and gained 1.5 lbs..lol Since I do not do serious workouts do I really need to eat that much more? I feel that I don't fit in with a lot of the people that are seriously lifting/ cardio fans. Thanks

BMR 1372
TDEE 1886
Cut 1603

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    If you want sustainable weight loss while still having a life- then you absolutely fit in here :)

Eating more to weigh less isn't a diet regimen (ask the group about clean eating vs fitting macros some time and you'll see the wide variety of opinions here lol). EM2WL is about math- not about your workouts or your diet.

Fueling your weight loss- your life- is what it's about. Doesn't matter how you work out (though there are preferences) or how often- you don't have to work out at all and EM2WL will work for you. There are folks here who work out six days a week and some who work out once or twice (me for example).

Take a read through the 'having patience- what to expect' sticky on the discussion board. This isn't about losing weight fast- it's about keeping it off while having a life. A well-fueled life. It takes around a month or two for you body to adjust to eating the correct amount- and the scale is a horrible indicator of progress.

Stick around- take a read through the stickies- visit the youtube page and watch some videos. Here's a great one to get you started- "is eating more for everyone?'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nepewrLE_eE&feature=plcp

Welcome!! :D
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 113 Member
    bump
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    If you want sustainable weight loss while still having a life- then you absolutely fit in here :)

Eating more to weigh less isn't a diet regimen (ask the group about clean eating vs fitting macros some time and you'll see the wide variety of opinions here lol). EM2WL is about math- not about your workouts or your diet.

Fueling your weight loss- your life- is what it's about. Doesn't matter how you work out (though there are preferences) or how often- you don't have to work out at all and EM2WL will work for you. There are folks here who work out six days a week and some who work out once or twice (me for example).

So true. I've been trying to say the same thing on the boards, but you say it much more elegantly.