Book recommendations

Options
guava6982
guava6982 Posts: 26 Member
Hi! I've been part of this group for about 3 weeks now. I think I ended up here in part because of a couple of interesting books that I've read over the past few months. They speak to the emotional and psychological aspects of eating and weight loss, but they are so much in line with the philosophies of this group that I thought I would share them.

"Breaking Free from Emotional Eating" by Geneen Roth
"Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch

I definitely recommend them to people who are part of this group, but not convinced that it's the way to go. While the books don't discuss specific calorie goals, they do address the many detrimental effects of under eating, and the reasons to adopt a healthier mindset. They are very different books, so you may hate one but love the other, but I found both to be useful in my journey. For me it's about having a healthy mind as well as a healthy body.

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been part of this group for about 3 weeks now. I think I ended up here in part because of a couple of interesting books that I've read over the past few months. They speak to the emotional and psychological aspects of eating and weight loss, but they are so much in line with the philosophies of this group that I thought I would share them.

"Breaking Free from Emotional Eating" by Geneen Roth
    "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch

I definitely recommend them to people who are part of this group, but not convinced that it's the way to go. While the books don't discuss specific calorie goals, they do address the many detrimental effects of under eating, and the reasons to adopt a healthier mindset. They are very different books, so you may hate one but love the other, but I found both to be useful in my journey. For me it's about having a healthy mind as well as a healthy body.

I love to read!!! I just finished the Fat 2 Fit book and now I'm reading NROLFW.

So I will definitely give the books you suggested a looksie because I feel knowledge is powertool for succeeding!!!!

thanks,
    Anita