gain

since I've gained 8 lbs in two weeks. Should I change my TDEE/BMR/etc due to that or that is just water retention. I know it can't be FAT ;) I have not eat more than 3,500 in a day!

Replies

• DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Were you at an extreme deficit (i.e., 1200 calories a day) for a while before beginning this? The people adjusting from an extreme deficit seem to have the hardest time.

What are you height/weight/age? What numbers have you been shooting for? What kind of exercise have you been doing?
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    we already talked about the gain. Yes I was on Weight Watchers for 4 years then 1,200 with binges :(

I work out 6x a week.. 3x a week weight lifting (chalean extreme) and 3x a week cardio.. sometimes 2x a week. I just started les mills pump. so I usually use turbo fire for cardio, or from these workouts i just mentioned.

I'm just saying if I gained, should I continue to stick to my cut or re-modify the info (since i'm not 152lbs anymore ;) )

I'm trying to get over it.. it is hard. but I know this is part of the process.. oK...
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221

I'm just saying if I gained, should I continue to stick to my cut or re-modify the info (since i'm not 152lbs anymore ;) )

Just stick with your cut until you have been eating at that cut for 4-6 weeks and then see where you are. I gained 3lbs quickly after upping my calories and was consistently at that weight for the first month. Just started noticing a downward trend and have lost 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks (I'm at week 7 of EM2WL)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    I upped my cals from 1400 to 1700, I am almost 4 weeks in and have gained 4.5 kilo. I lost the plot last week had what I call a binge (thankfully not too bad only to maintenance cals). But I'm back into it and the last few days my weight has stayed the same. I am hoping the scale will start moving down soon. I'm going to give it another few weeks to see what happens.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I upped my cals from 1400 to 1700, I am almost 4 weeks in and have gained 4.5 kilo. I lost the plot last week had what I call a binge (thankfully not too bad only to maintenance cals). But I'm back into it and the last few days my weight has stayed the same. I am hoping the scale will start moving down soon. I'm going to give it another few weeks to see what happens.

I would suggest eating your tdee for 7 more weeks to give yourself a break from dieting. Sounds like you would do well doing the metabolic reset. Then after take 10% off your cut to start losing again.
  • missdimpley

I gained 3lbs quickly after upping my calories and was consistently at that weight for the first month.

I gained 8 lbs. 2 weeks and day 1 today :( But I'm ok Im hanging in there.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    bumping... will get serious with this in a few months.
  • missdimpley
    I'm down 2 lb today... so bascially I gained 6 lbs so far. LOL ;) I think I'm much less bloated today...
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    See! It's already starting to come off.

Good job having patience!