Exercise tracker???

I went into my "Goals" and clicked on "custom" to change my calorie goal. But, I was wondering what everyone does for the exercise tracker? I left it alone, but then is adds back the calories for the day. How do I fix that?

Dori

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    There is a place there where you can create your own exercise, or else you can use the ones in the MFP Database. What I have been doing is recording my exercises there (either way), but then just changing the calories burned to 1 (one). That way you can keep track of your exercise but it does not add anything to your daily goals.

If you let MFP add the "normal" calories, it adds those calories burned to your daily goal. The math is then pretty easy to figure out for the calories, but I don't like the way it adds to your Macros too - that part is harder to keep track of... For me, it's easier just to have MFP not add in the exercise calories (since I won't be eating them anyway).

The hardest part of this so far has been keeping track of and trying to get close to my Macros - having them the same each day makes it much easier for me to try to figure them out on a daily basis...

In order to not eat under your BMR, you can just record the actual calories burned in the food notes at the bottom of the Food Diary - that way you will have a record, but it won''t change your daily goals...

I am sure others do it differently, but so far, that has been the easiest for me...
    Anitra
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    I left it alone. On my homepage (not my food tracker page, because that will change your daily goal based on exercise) I only look at the food calories and NET calories. I log all my exercise with the actual caloies burned. If I ever see that my NET calories are lower than my BMR I eat back some calories until I get back to BMR. I think people make it a lot harder than it is.
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    but I don't like the way it adds to your Macros too - that part is harder to keep track of...

Someone else mentioned something like this. I don't know what this means?? What am I missing??
    I have been tracking my exercise because I have exercise goals I want to be able to track also so would like to continue using MFP for that.

Thanks!