BMR question

tchrmom04
tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
Ok - I know not to eat under BMR - but my question is which value does everyone go by for their BMR. According to fat 2 fit, scooby, and fitness frog my BMR is around 1580 - but according to NROL4W - my BMR is closer to 1380 ish - so I've been losing steadily (not more than a lb but losing every single week) - so I decided as of today to raise my daily cals to 1600 (I was at 1500). Should this be ok?

I am 42 years old so using the over 35 multiplier with NROL4W.

Thank you!

Sherry

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Ok - I know not to eat under BMR - but my question is which value does everyone go by for their BMR. According to fat 2 fit, scooby, and fitness frog my BMR is around 1580 - but according to NROL4W - my BMR is closer to 1380 ish - so I've been losing steadily (not more than a lb but losing every single week) - so I decided as of today to raise my daily cals to 1600 (I was at 1500). Should this be ok?

I am 42 years old so using the over 35 multiplier with NROL4W.

Thank you!

Sherry

I think I would use online versions (1580). In NROL4W, you calculate BMR before the multilier. You should be OK.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    I use scooby as i don't know my true body fat % and i haven't read the book so can't help you with that one. But when i did use scooby and fat2fit they were only just off each other so i just picked one and went with it.
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you all very much! :) My gut is telling me to go ahead and increase as well. Since I increased to 1500 a few weeks back I have steadily lost every single week. So I'm going to 1600 and see if I'll still lose or if I need to back up to 1500. I figure 1580 is close enough to 1600. :)

Sherry