New to this eating more! HELP ME PLEASE

Options
juliaamilee
juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
So I decided that it was crzy for me to be eating so little calories, about 1200 calories a day and only netting about 800 or so. After reading so many things I need to eat more. So today I did. I feel like I could bust! Please someone look at my diary and give me an idea. I only decided this today, so its this afternoon and evening I have worked at. Is this where the 5 meals come in. Would you give me ideas on how you get the calories up without eating just junk foods. There are a few things I dont eat. NUTs ALLERGIC, eggs I have to psych myself up to eat them, and then I have a tough time keeping them down. no fish its just ugh. I am not afraid to try new things love veggies. Please help. I have been at a plateau for months and months over a year. HELP!

Replies

• catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Avocados, cheese (in moderation), sweet potatoes, bananas. Add more lean/healthy proteins: Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fish (salmon has a lot of healthy fat and it's a higher calorie protein--I can easily eat several hundred calories worth of salmon), lean steak like a NY. I currently eat 1,800 and I find this challenging. I don't wander around starving but I could definitely eat more. Right now I'm trying to figure out what my maintenance level is so I'm going up slowly.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    A good protein drink...I love Dr Mercola pure protein power. I wouldn't hit my numbers w/o it. Oh you can blend the protein powder with a banana...yumm.

I eat 6 meals and start eating early. Set a timer to eat every 2.5-3 hrs. Plan your meals in the morning and eat when the timer goes off. It gets easier trust me. I can eat 2600 on my high burn days...I'm at tdee now and have no problem most days. When I started I was at 1800 and was starting to get an aversion towards food bec I was stuffed silly, then I hit a plateau and was happy to go up to 1900 bec 1800 just asnt enough. When I bumped to tdee I was ecstatic and I'm comfy here....
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I find that i am hungry every 2-3 hours. I usually eat 6 times. 3 meals 3 snacks. One is dessert but really its just a bikkie or protein ball with a cup of green tea :bigsmile:

I plan my day out at the beginning of the day and try to hit my protein and stay under my sodium

I have protein powder or homemade protein balls and also now buy regular stuff not the light options. :flowerforyou:

I